Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - April 6, 2021
Apr 6, 2021
Player of the Week: Mariah Mazon, Jr., P/DP, OREGON STATE (Tulare, Calif.)
- Enjoyed a strong series against Oregon from both the circle and the plate, totaling a win and 21 strikeouts along with three multi-hit games at a .571 clip.
- Began OSU's rivalry series with seven innings of two-run ball, striking out nine while contributing two hits in three plate appearances.
- Earned a win in game two of the series, pitching seven more innings while surrendering just a single unearned run, allowing two hits and striking out seven hitters.
- Added three hits and three RBIs in the Beavers’ 8-1 win over the Ducks.
- Finished the series with eight hits in 14 at-bats for a team-high average of .571.
- Returned to the circle in the series finale, pitching another complete game and bringing her strikeout total for the series to 21.
Pitcher of the Week: Alyssa Denham, Sr., P, ARIZONA (Alvin, Texas)
- Highlighted Arizona’s sweep over Stanford with a pair of shutouts, including her third career no-hitter in the series opener.
- Allowed just two baserunners across five innings in game one as the Wildcats blanked the Cardinal, 9-0, in five innings.
- Dominated the series finale with another complete-game shutout, holding Stanford to four hits and a walk with three strikeouts across seven innings.
- Across 12 innings of work, limited the Cardinal to a .098 batting average.
Freshman of the Week: Jadelyn Allchin, R-Fr., OF, WASHINGTON (Huntington Beach, Calif.)
- Led Washington to a four-game series sweep over California, accentuated by a pair of multi-hit games.
- Reached base in 7-of-11 plate appearances, leading the Huskies with an impressive .600/.583/.700 slash line against the Bears.
- Made two sensational catches in centerfield to rob Cal batters of hits.
- Has hit .428 since returning from injury, all against Pac-12 competition.
Player of the Week: Malia Martinez, Arizona; Kindra Hackbarth, Arizona State; Halle Morris, Utah; Morganne Flores, Washington.
Pitcher of the Week: Lindsay Lopez, Arizona State; Brooke Yanez, Oregon; Sarah Willis, Washington.
2021 PAC-12 SOFTBALL WEEKLY AWARD WINNERS