Beavers vs. Cardinal Set for Saturday
THE GAME: The Oregon State men's soccer team will host its final home game of the season on Saturday, when No. 5 Stanford visits Lorenz Field. Game time has been shifted to 5 p.m. after being originally set for noon. The Beavers will honor Joe Hafferty in a pregame senior ceremony.
FOLLOW ALONG: Saturday's game will air live on Pac-12 Networks with Elise Woodward on the call. Live stats for Saturday's match will be available at OSUBeavers.com and every match this season can be followed on Twitter at @BeaverMSoccer.
2021 SEASON: The Pac-12 delayed the start of the soccer season to February due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Oregon State is scheduled to play 13 matches in the campaign, including 10 conference games.
- The Beavers are ranked No. 18 by Top Drawer Soccer and No. 22 by College Soccer News
- Oregon State has four Pac-12 wins already this season, marking the ninth time in the last 29 seasons the Beavers have reached five victories in league play. OSU has reached five conference wins five times during that stretch, including each of the last two seasons.
- The Beavers are off to a 7-4 start and are 4-4 in Pac-12 play
- Oregon State has the eighth-best goal differential in the nation at +16.
- As of Monday, Gloire Amanda is the NCAA leader in total goals with 12 and total points with 30.
- OSU has the 10th-best scoring offense in the nation, clocking in with 2.36 goals per match.
- Oregon State's 5-0 win over San Diego State on March 20 marked the team's first five-goal win over a conference opponent since OSU beat Mountain Pacific Sports Federation foe UC Santa Barbara 6-0 on Oct. 11, 1998.
- OSU has out-scored its opponents 26-10 on the season
- The Beavers are allowing just 0.9 goals per contest
- Oregon State has conceded just three goals in seven home matches this season
- Joel Walker was tabbed as a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award
- Gloire Amanda and Mouhameth Thiam are tied for the second in the Pac-12 with six assists apiece
- The Beavers were selected to finish third in the Pac-12 Preseason Coaches' Poll, receiving two first-place votes
- Sofiane Djeffal was named to the Top Drawer Soccer Preseason Bext XI First Team. Djeffal, Joel Walker and Joe Hafferty were all among Top Drawer Soccer's 100 Players to Watch.
- Oregon State returned 16 of its 24 goals and 24 of its 31 assists from last season.
- Oregon State has 13 international players on the squad this season, compared to 14 domestic players.
- Terry Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in Oregon State history.
- Gloire Amanda has scored 12 goals in 11 games, giving him the second-highest goals per-game averaged in the nation.
- Is already among the top-10 in Oregon State history for: career goals, single-season goals, career game-winning goals, and single-season game-winning goals.
- Oregon State is 7-37-8 all-time against Stanford, but the Beavers have earned a result in four of the teams' last five meetings. The last five matches between the two sides have either beer draws or decided by one goal.
- Gloire Amanda scored twice when the teams met earlier this season.
- Oregon State is 21-5-3 at home since the start of the 2018 season - Terry Boss' first season as head coach.
Stars, Stripes and Dotson:
- Oregon State alum Hassani Dotson was part of the United States' U-23 squad that competed in Olympic qualifying earlier this month.
- Joe Hafferty as selected with 37th overall pick in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft. Hafferty was selected in the second round by Inter Miami, but was later traded to the Seattle Sounders.
- The Beavers have had 11 players taken in the MLS Draft all-time, headlined by No. 1 overall pick in 2010 Danny Mwanga and No. 2 overall pick in 2015 Khiry Shelton.