Series Versus Oregon On Deck For OSU Baseball
GAME 29: Oregon State (21-7, 7-2) vs. Oregon (16-7, 3-3)
April 9, 2021 • 7:05 p.m. PT • Eugene, Ore. • PK Park
RHP Kevin Abel (3-3, 2.95) vs. LHP Robert Ahlstrom (2-2, 2.17)
Oregon State opens a three-game series with Oregon Friday night at PK Park in Eugene. First pitch is slated for 7:05 p.m. PT. The Rivalry Series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks with Rich Burk calling the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Jake Dukart and Wade Meckler both doubled and singled in Oregon State's 5-2 loss to Gonzaga Tuesday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Ryan Ober also extended his hit streak to nine games with a 1-for-3 day. OSU scored first but Gonzaga put two on the board in the fifth and three in the sixth to take the win and split the midweek series.
Ober To Nine
• Ryan Ober's nine-game hit streak has tied Andy Armstrong's (Feb. 20-March 5) for the longest by an OSU player this season.
• Ober is 17-for-37 (.460) with 11 runs scored, seven runs batted in, six walks, four doubles and two home runs during the streak.
Melton National Player Of The Week
• Jacob Melton, who hit four home runs and collected 11 hits - with one double and one triple - while driving in eight was named the National Player of the Week by both Collegiate Baseball and Perfect Game.
• Melton was also named the Pac-12 Player of the Week, Oregon State's second of the season after Ryan Ober.
On The Road
• Oregon State has an 8-0 record away from home this season, including a 3-0 mark in Pac-12 games after sweeping Washington.
• The Beavers' pitching staff sports a 1.13 ERA in 72 innings on the road, holding opponents to 34 hits and 20 walks while striking out 88.
• OSU is batting .300 on the road, posting a .465 slugging percentage and .389 on-base percentage.
• OSU is the lone Pac-12 team with a sub-3.00 ERA at 2.36. The Pac-12's No. 2 team in the category, Arizona State, is at 3.51.
• The Beavers lead the Pac-12 with a 2.78 ERA in conference action. Offensively, OSU also leads the league with a .323 average in Pac-12 play.
• Jake Dukart is batting .533 in league play, which leads the Pac-12. His 16 hits are second.
• Oregon State's pitchers rank first in the Pac-12 and ninth nationally with 299 strikeouts.
• OSU is 11-4 in night games.