Pac-12 Beach Volleyball Weekly Awards - April 9, 2021
PAC-12 BEACH VOLLEYBALL PAIR OF THE WEEK:
Devon Newberry (Fr./Santa Monica, Calif.) & Lindsey Sparks (So./Huntington Beach, Calif.), UCLA
- UCLA's court three pair of Newberry and Sparks helped UCLA go 4-0 against top-3 nationally ranked competition last week to improve to 15-1 on the year.
- The fourth-ranked Bruins beat No. 3 LSU twice (4-1, 3-2) on Saturday, April 3, then swept a pair from No. 2 Florida State (4-1, 3-2) on Sunday, April 4.
- In the win over the Tigers, the Bruin duo twice defeated Toni Rodriguez and Ashlyn Rasnick-Pope (now 18-4 on the year) in back-to-back three-set thrillers.
- The UCLA tandem then took down the Seminoles' previously undefeated pair of Sara Putt and Maddie Anderson in another three-set thriller in the morning dual.
- The duo appeared headed for yet another three-set contest in the afternoon dual, but Newberry and Sparks went on a 9-2 run to win the second set 22-20 to claim their 10th consecutive victory while handing Putt and Anderson their second loss of the year (23-2).
- The Bruin pair is now 13-1 on the year.
Also Nominated: Natalie Anselmo & Carly Lowry, ARIZ; Brooke Buchner & Ava Mann, CAL; Maddie Dailey & Jordan McKinney, STAN; Audrey Nourse & Nicole Nourse, USC.