#17 Soccer Drops Match at Colorado
BOULDER, Colo. -- The No. 17 Arizona State soccer team (8-4-2, 4-3-2) closed out the weekend road trip with a 2-0 loss to Colorado (8-5-2, 4-4-2) on Sunday afternoon at Prentup Field.
The Sun Devils came out ready to play but fell into a one-goal deficit in the middle of the first half and couldn't come back after the Buffaloes widened the lead early in the second half and held a strong defensive end through the full 90 minutes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore goalkeeper Giulia Cascapera started in goal for the 12th time this season making 12 saves.
- Colorado scored got on the scoreboard first at the 34th minute as Alyssa Duke made the header off a corner kick for the one-goal lead.
- It was an even battle through the first half as both teams registered eight shots and three shots on goal.
- Three minutes into the second half, Colorado's Shyra James makes it a two-goal game with a left-footed tap into the back of the net.
- ASU registered seven more shots in the second half but couldn't find a way to get any past Colorado's goalkeeper.
UP NEXT: The Sun Devils will return home to Sun Devil Stadium for the final time this season on April 16 to face in-state rival Arizona at 8 p.m. MST.