Wildcats Take Second Straight Loss on the Road
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The Wildcats make a late push but fall to Utah on the road with a score of 3-4.
Arizona looked to be in control of the match when they came back and when the doubles point early, but Utah woke up and dominated in singles play. No. 15 Gustaf Strom finally put the Wildcats on the board with a win on court two before Herman Hoeyeraal tied the game up in his first Pac-12 game of the year. Strom moves up to 15 singles wins on the season while Hoeyeraal earns his second singles win of the season along with his first in doubles.
1. Hassey/Ziverts def. Bastias/Shainyan 7-5
2. Reguant/Malbasic vs. Flores/Calpalbo 6-6 unf.
3. Hoeyeraal/Lagaev def. Busleiman/Gavelin 7-5
Order of finish: 3, 1
1. Franco Capalbo def. No. 63 Jonas Ziverts 6-3, 7-6(4)
2. No. 15 Gustaf Strom def. Geronimo Busleiman 6-1, 1-6, 7-6(1)
3. Slava Shainyan def. Filip Malbasic 7-5, 6-4
4. Francisco Bastias def. Alejandro Reguant 1-6, 6-3, 6-3
5. Mathias Gavelin def. Carlos Hassey 6-4, 6-3
6. Herman Hoeyeraal def. Bruno Krenn 4-6, 7-5, 7-5