Beavers Headed to San Diego State to Wrap Up Regular Season
THE GAME: The Oregon State men's soccer team will close out its regular season on Saturday, when the Beavers head to California for a matchup with San Diego State. The game is slated to start at 2 p.m.
FOLLOW ALONG: Saturday's game can be viewed via live stream, which can be found at OSUBeavers.com. Live stats for Saturday's match will also be available at OSUBeavers.com and every match this season can be followed on Twitter at @BeaverMSoccer.
2021 SEASON: The Pac-12 delayed the start of the soccer season to February due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Oregon State is scheduled to play 13 matches in the campaign, including 10 conference games.
- Oregon State checks in at No. 19 in this week's United Soccer Coaches rankings
- The Beavers are ranked No. 18 by Top Drawer Soccer and No. 22 by College Soccer News
- Oregon State has five Pac-12 wins this season, marking the sixth time in the last 29 seasons the Beavers have reached five victories in league play. This is the third-straight season Oregon State has reached that mark.
- The Beavers are 8-4 and are 5-4 in Pac-12 play
- Oregon State has the ninth-best goal differential in the nation at +17.
- As of Monday, Gloire Amanda is the NCAA leader in total goals with 13 and total points with 33.
- OSU has the 12th-best scoring offense in the nation, clocking in with 2.42 goals per match.
- OSU has out-scored its opponents 29-12 on the season
- The Beavers are allowing just 1.0 goal per contest
- Oregon State has conceded just five goals in eight home matches this season
- Joel Walker was tabbed as a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award
- Gloire Amanda is second in the Pac-12 with seven assists, while Mouhameth Thiam is third with six.
- The Beavers were selected to finish third in the Pac-12 Preseason Coaches' Poll, receiving two first-place votes
- Sofiane Djeffal was named to the Top Drawer Soccer Preseason Bext XI First Team. Djeffal, Joel Walker and Joe Hafferty were all among Top Drawer Soccer's 100 Players to Watch.
- Oregon State returned 16 of its 24 goals and 24 of its 31 assists from last season.
- Oregon State has 13 international players on the squad this season, compared to 14 domestic players.
- Terry Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in Oregon State history.
- Gloire Amanda has scored 13 goals in 12 games, giving him the second-highest goals per-game averaged in the nation.
- Is already among the top-10 in Oregon State history for: career goals, single-season goals, career game-winning goals, and single-season game-winning goals.
- Oregon State is 20-11-3 all- time against San Diego State.
- The Beavers have won four-straight vs. the Aztecs
- Oregon State's 5-0 win over San Diego State on March 20 marked the team's first five-goal win over a conference opponent since OSU beat Mountain Pacific Sports Federation foe UC Santa Barbara 6-0 on Oct. 11, 1998.
- Gloire Amanda scored twice, while Tsiki Ntsabeleng, Gael Gibert and Javier Armas also found the net when the two sides met in March.
- Oregon State is 22-5-3 at home since the start of the 2018 season - Terry Boss' first season as head coach.
Stars, Stripes and Dotson:
- Oregon State alum Hassani Dotson was part of the United States' U-23 squad that competed in Olympic qualifying earlier this month.
- Joe Hafferty as selected with 37th overall pick in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft. Hafferty was selected in the second round by Inter Miami, but was later traded to the Seattle Sounders.
- The Beavers have had 11 players taken in the MLS Draft all-time, headlined by No. 1 overall pick in 2010 Danny Mwanga and No. 2 overall pick in 2015 Khiry Shelton.