Cats Fall in Extras at Grand Canyon, 5-4
PHOENIX, Ariz. — The Arizona Wildcats (21-10) dropped a tightly-contested matchup with the Grand Canyon Antelopes (18-14-1) in extra innings on Tuesday night, falling on a score of 5-4.
A solo home run in the bottom of the 10th inning sent Grand Canyon to victory after two innings of deadlocked baseball.
The Wildcats offense picked up 12 hits and five walks but could only push across four runs, all of which came in the second through fourth innings.
Southpaws Riley Cooper (4.1 IP) and Randy Abshier (0.2 IP), along with right-hander Quinn Flanagan (1.2 IP) combined for over six innings of quality relief. The trio allowed just one run on four hits while striking out four.
- RF Ryan Holgate: 2-for-5, 2B
- 1B Branden Boissiere: 2-for-5, R, RBI
- 2B Kobe Kato: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- CF Donta Williams: 1-for-4, 3B, RBI, 2 BB
- 3B Tony Bullard: 2-for-4, 2B
- DH Jacob Berry: 2-for-5
- LHP Riley Cooper: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 3 K
- RHP Quinn Flanagan: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 K
- LHP Randy Abshier: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R
Number of the Night
- Jacob Berry and Ryan Holgate both extended their hit streak to 16 and 11 games, respectively.
Tweet of the Night
— Arizona Baseball (@ArizonaBaseball) April 14, 2021
Arizona kicks off a three-game road series at Washington State this Friday, April 16 at 3:05 p.m. MST.