Baseball Hosts Cal For Three
GAME 32: Oregon State (21-10, 7-5) vs. California (18-13, 5-4)
April 16, 2021 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Kevin Abel (3-3, 2.74) vs. RHP Grant Holman (0-1, 1.54)
Oregon State opens a three-game series versus California Friday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
The game can also be found online by visiting OSUBeavers.com; click on the schedule link for a direct link to live video.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Ryan Ober went 3-for-6 and drove in two runs in Oregon State's 5-4 loss to Oregon in 11 innings on Sunday. OSU held leads of 1-0 and 4-1 but the Ducks managed to tie the game in the eighth before winning on an error in the 11th inning.
• Oregon State holds a 47-44 lead in the series, including a 24-15 mark in games played in Corvallis.
• The Beavers have won eight consecutive series played in Corvallis, dating back to 2005, including four by sweeps.
• Overall, OSU has won nine of the last 11 series.
• Oregon State posted a series-record 12 consecutive wins over the Golden Bears from 2011-15. Five of those 15 wins came via shutouts.
• OSU has won seven games by shutout since 2007.
• Ryan Ober hit a grand slam the last times the team played, March 24, 2019.
• Oregon State comes into the series with the second-lowest earned run average in the nation at 2.55.
• The Beavers are one of just seven teams with a sub-3.00 ERA.
• Oregon State's game with Portland on May 4 has been moved to April 20, it was announced on Wednesday.
• The game is slated for a 5:35 p.m. PT start at Goss Stadium.
• Kevin Abel, Jake Mulholland Mitchell Verburg are the only current Beavers to have pitched against Cal.
• Abel, Oregon State's probable starter Friday, has allowed just 23 hits in 42 2/3 innings this season. He has allowed just 38 in 55 career innings at Goss Stadium.
• Jake Dukart is batting .395 with six doubles in conference play. Jacob Melton is at a .371 clip while Preston Jones is at .367 and Garret Forrester at .341.
• OSU ranks fourth nationally with 6.33 hits allowed per nine innings.
• The Beavers have given up just nine home runs, the fewest in the Pac-12. USC, at 10, has given up the second-fewest.
• OSU's 58 doubles rank second in the Pac-12.