Road Trip to Boise This Weekend for Sand Devils
Apr 14, 2021
TEMPE, Ariz. – Back in the rankings after a solid showing last weekend, No. 20 Sun Devil Beach Volleyball is heading out of state for the first time this season, playing in the Boise State Beach Classic on Friday and Saturday.
Sun Devil Outlook
No. 20 Arizona State (6-9, 3-5 Pac-12)
- The Sand Devils went 2-2 at the Pac-12 North Invitational that they hosted at Grand Canyon Beach Stadium. Arizona State upset No. 11 Cal and picked up a second win against Washington, both victories by the same 3-2 margin.
- Two pairs were crucial in both dual wins. Cierra Flood and Sarah Waters clinched the upset against Cal and won against UW as well. Additionally, Lila Bordis and Samantha Plaster picked up wins in both of those dual wins.
- Arizona State has played all of its duals in state this season up until this weekend. It will be one of two out-of-state trips, the other being the Pac-12 Championships in Los Angeles.
- Three Sand Devil seniors are in the top 10 for career individual wins at ASU. Katelyn Carballo is in first with 64 while Plaster is in fifth (53) and Flood is in seventh (46).
Boise State (5-8)
- The Broncos went 1-3 last weekend at a tournament in Fort Worth, Texas. The lone win came against Houston Baptist.
- ASU and Boise State met earlier this season with the Broncos coming away with the 3-2 win. In the all-time series, it is tied at 3-3.
- The Utes have struggled this season, currently on an 11-game losing streak. The two wins on the schedule were against The Master's University and Southeastern Louisiana.
- In the short history between the Sun Devils and Utes, ASU is undefeated against Utah and has won the two matchups.
How to Follow
Live scoring will be available for all three duals. Updates will also be available on Twitter and Instagram. (@SunDevilBeachVB).
Related News & Videos
7 minutes ago