Ducks Set Program Single-Season Wins Record
SEATTLE – Oregon split its final day at the Husky Invitational, picking up a 4-1 win over Portland in the second match of the day for the Ducks' sixth win of the season. The six wins are the most in a season by an Oregon team in the short eight-year history of the program, topping the previous record of five set in 2019.
How It Happened: The Ducks began their second match of the day with a trio of dominant straight-set victories to clinch the match win against the Pilots. Bea Wetton and Ashley Schroeder rolled to a 21-11, 21-10 win at the No. 3 spot before Batia Rotshtein and Abby Plevin dominated in the second set of a 21-17, 21-6 win at the No. 5 spot. Delaney Hopen and Savannah Siegrist put up the third point with a 21-13, 21-14 victory at the No. 4 spot.
Anastasia Lima and Josie Cole put up the fourth sweep victory for the Ducks against Portland, winning a close first set before winning comfortably in the second in a 21-19, 21-15 win. Carly Wallace and Madelyn LaFollette dominated their opening set at the No. 1 spot but dropped the next two, including a thrilling third set that went 20 extra points in a 10-21, 21-19, 25-23 loss.
Oregon dropped its opening match of the day against Washington, 3-2. The Huskies won at the No. 1-3 spots to clinch the match before the Ducks won in three sets at No. 4 and 5. Hopen and Siegrist earned their first win of the day with a 17-21, 22-20, 15-9 victory at the No. 4 spot while Batia Rotshtein and Abby Plevin won 9-21, 21-17, 15-13 at the No. 5 spot.
Washington 3, Oregon 2
1. McPherson/Loreen (UW) def. Wallace/LaFollette(UO) - 21-10, 21-6
2. Robinson/Niece(UW) def. Cole/Lima(UO) - 21-16, 21-12
3. Dahl/Petersen(UW) def. Wetton/Schroeder (UO) - 21-9, 21-18
4. Hopen/Siegrist (UO) def. Shook/Yerex(UW) - 17-21, 22-20, 15-9
5. Rotshtein/Plevin (UO) def. Weber/Schilling(UW)- 9-21, 21-17, 15-13
Order of finish: 1, 2, 3, 5, 4
Oregon 4, Portland 1
1. Hoeft/Wodke (UP) def. Wallace/LaFollette(UO) - 10-21, 21-19, 25-23
2. Cole/Lima (UO) def. Helm/Hughes(UP) - 21-19, 21-15
3. Wetton/Schroeder(UO) def. Harris/Zilbert(UP) - 21-11, 21-10
4. Hopen/Siegrist(UO) def. Hirahara/Nolan(UP) - 21-13, 21-14
5. Rotshtein/Plevin(UO) def. Reich/Bugarin(UP) - 21-17, 21-6
Order of finish: 3, 5, 4, 2, 1
Up Next: The Ducks will host their second and final home match of the season when they take on Portland once again on Wednesday at noon.