Pac-12 Baseball Weekly Awards - April 19, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Kevin Kendall, Jr., INF, UCLA (La Mirada, Calif.)
4 GP, .588 AVG, .611 OBP, 1.294 SLG, 10 RBI, 3 HR, 8 R, 10 H, 1 BB
- Led Bruins to 4-0 week, hitting safely in all four of UCLA's games with 10 RBIs, eight runs scored and five extra-base hits.
- The junior infielder posted seven RBIs in UCLA’s 20-0 victory over Utah, the most by a Bruin in a single game since 2017. His seven RBIs came via a pair of two-run homers and a bases-clearing triple.
- Hit three homers over the weekend, including his first multi-HR game, nearly doubling his career output and drove in the game-winning run on Sunday to help the Bruins complete the sweep over Utah.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Zach Pettway, Sr., RHP, UCLA (Long Beach, Calif.)
1 GP, 7.0 IP, 0.00 ERA, 11 K
- Pitched seven shutout innings on Friday in UCLA’s 20-0 rout of Utah, allowing just five hits and only one extra-base hit.
- The senior right-handed pitcher also struck out a season-high of 11 on Friday.
- Posted a trio of 1-2-3 frames.
- Closed out the performance by striking out the side in the fifth, going 1-2-3 in the sixth, and striking out two in the seventh.
Player of the Week: Donta Williams, ARIZ; Nathan Manning, CAL; Gabe Matthews, ORE; Ryan Ober, OSU; Drew Bowser, STAN; Justin Van De Brake, WSU.
Pitcher of the Week: Ian Villers, CAL; Jake Mulholland, OSU; Joey Dixon, STAN; Brandon White, WSU.