Pac-12 Tennis Weekly Awards - April 20, 2021
MEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Joshua Charlton, Jr., OREGON (Traralgon, Victoria, Australia)
- Beat his first ranked opponent of the season, No. 36 Arthur Fery, in three sets at No. 2 singles to help Oregon beat No. 24 Stanford in Eugene last Friday. Charlton’s win gave the Ducks a 2-1 lead on the match scoreboard.
- Partnered with Quinn Vandecasteele, the No. 42 ranked doubles team in the country posted a 6-3 win at No. 1 doubles against Stanford.
- The Ducks' win over Stanford also secured an undefeated home record in 2021.
Also Nominated: Jonas Ziverts, ARIZ; Axel Geller, STAN; Riley Smith, USC.
WOMEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Abbey Forbes, So., UCLA (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Earned two singles wins and prevailed in her only finished doubles match as UCLA completed its Pac-12 regular season with home victories over No. 6 Pepperdine and No. 36 USC
- The sophomore defeated the nation's former top-ranked player, Ashley Lahey of the Waves, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2.
- Forbes also knocked off No. 65 Salma Ewing of the Trojans, 6-2, 6-3, to collect her first clinching point of the campaign.
- Partnered with Vanessa Ong, Forbes started the crosstown rivalry match with a 6-1 victory against Summer Dvorak and Danielle Willson.
Also Nominated: Lauryn John-Baptiste, ASU; Maria Campos, COLO; Nika Zupancic, WASH.