Arizona Finishes Regular Season with Seventh Consecutive Victory over ASU
PHOENIX, Ariz -- In their final match of the regular season, the No. 9 Arizona Wildcats (21-4) went 4-1 against the No. 20 Arizona State Sun Devils. The Cats have not seen a defeat against ASU since 2017 and this marks their second victory this season. The current Wildcats are now in second place in program history in both overall record and winning percentage.
In a two flight matchup, the Cats saw three courts finish it in two sets. Courts two and four started things off with pairs Sarah Blacker & Brooke Burling and Mady Noble & Dana Parker. The fours finished quick in a 21-17, 21-12 match up with court four coming up behind ending 21-18, 21-14. Arizona ended the first flight with a 2-0 advantage.
In the second flight, Olivia Hallaran & Hope Shannon gained Arizona their third point in a speedy 21-16, 21-16 match to earn Arizona the victory. Alex Parkhurst and Alana Rennie sealed a 4-1 finish to end the match.
The Arizona Wildcats will gear up to compete in the Pac-12 Championships on April 29th and will continue on through May 1st. They will learn their post season fate on May 2nd to see if they have clinched a spot in the NCAA Tournament for the second time in program history.
#9 Arizona 4, #20 ASU 1
1. Parkhurst/Rennie (ARIZ) def. Carballo/Sweeney (ASU) 25-23, 14-21, 15-8
2. Blacker/Burling (ARIZ) def. Anderson/Fitzgerald (ASU) 21-18, 21-14
3. Flood/Waters (ASU) def. Anselmo/Lowry (ARIZ) 18-21, 21-15, 15-12
4. Noble/Parker (ARIZ) def. Bordis/Plaster (ASU) 21-17, 21-12
5. Hallaran/Shannon (ARIZ) def. Ames/Weintraub (ASU) 21-16, 21-16