Washington Downs Arizona in Pac-12 Tournament
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Arizona end postseason play with a loss to the Washington Huskies with a 4-1 score in the Pac-12 tournament.
Jelena Lukic and Khim Iglupas got the match going by taking the first doubles match on court one before Washington rallied to snatch the doubles point. Khim Iglupas continued her impressive play by winning her match in straight sets, including a clean sweep in the second set. Gitte Heynamans dropped the first set in singles before roaring back to sweep the second set before the match was clinched.
Khim Iglupas will end the season on a three-game win streak in singles as well as tie Heynemans for the lead in doubles wins on the season with 13 wins. Five Wildcats close out the season with double digit singles wins with Heynemans having a team-high of 16 wins.
1. Lukic/Iglupas def. Wong/Fortin 6-2
2. Zupancic/Gallagher def. Heynemans/Wilkins 6-3
3. Weil/Chilton def. Amos/Zandberg 6-4
Order of finish: 1, 2, 3
1. No. 43 Vanessa Wong def. No. 118 Jelena Lukic 7-5, 6-2
2. Kayla Wilkins vs. Sarah Fortin 6-7, 1-2 unf.
3. Sedona Gallagher def. Talya Zandberg 6-2, 7-5
4. Nika Zupancic def. Abby Amos 6-1, 6-2
5. Gitte Heynemans vs. Tara Chilton 4-6, 6-0, 2-1 unf.
6. Khim Iglupas def. Zoey Weil 6-4, 6-0
Order of finish: 6, 4, 1, 3