Advancing to the Semifinals
SAN DIEGO – Posting its second win over Washington in less than a week, No. 23/19 Stanford men's tennis earned a 4-0 victory over the Huskies in the quarterfinals of the Pac-12 Tournament. The Pac-12 regular season champions, Stanford improves to 10-4 this season.
The Cardinal jumped out to a 1-0 lead in doubles, leading from start to finish on all three courts. Arthur Fery and Alexandre Rotsaert closed out a 6-2 win on court three, and the pair of Tristan Boyer and Timothy Sah picked up a 6-3 victory.
Stanford won four of the six first sets, with Tristan Boyer first in the books with a 6-2, 6-1 win on court four. Axel Geller, playing in the top spot, extended the Cardinal lead to 3-0 with a 6-2, 6-2 win on the heels of Boyer's finish. Neel Rajesh picked up his first clinching point of the season on court six with a 6-3, 6-3 triumph.
Top-seeded Stanford faces the winner of fourth-seeded UCLA and fifth-seeded Arizona State in the semifinal tomorrow at 3 p.m.
No. 23/19 Stanford 4, Washington 0
1) Geller/Tomas Kopczynski (STAN) led Alvarez/Davis (WASH), 5-3 susp.
2) Boyer/Sah (STAN) d. Cancel/Chidekh (WASH), 6-3
3) Fery/Rotsaert (STAN) d. Pulliam/Torocsik (WASH), 6-2
Order of Finish: 3, 2
1) No. 93 Axel Geller (STAN) d. Clement Chidekh (WASH), 6-2, 6-2
2) Ewen Lumsden (WASH) led No. 52 Arthur Fery (STAN), 6-4, 3-5 susp.
3) Jack Davis (WASH) led Alexandre Rotsaert (STAN), 0-6, 6-1, 4-2 susp.
4) Tristan Boyer (STAN) d. Han-Chin Lin (WASH), 6-2, 6-1
5) Adam Torocsik (WASH) led Timothy Sah (STAN), 6-3, 5-5 susp.
6) Neel Rajesh (STAN) d. Jack Pulliam (WASH), 6-3, 6-3
Order of Finish: 4, 1, 6