SAN DIEGO - No. 28/25 Stanford defeated No. 44/42 Washington 4-2 in the quarterfinals of the Pac-12 Championships on Saturday afternoon.
Stanford (14-3, 8-2 Pac-12), which is seeking its fifth consecutive Pac-12 title, defeated Washington (15-8, 5-5 Pac-12) for the second time this season after taking down the Huskies 6-1 on The Farm last month.
India Houghton's 6-3, 7-6 victory on court six represented the clincher for the Cardinal, which has won four in a row.
Stanford locked up the doubles point for a 1-0 lead thanks to wins at the Nos. 2 and 3 spots.
Convincing straight-set victories on the back courts from Sara Choy and Emma Higuchi gave Stanford a 3-1 lead.
Washington continued to fight back and gained another point before Houghton sealed the deal.
Stanford next faces California in Sunday's semifinals at 12 p.m. The Cardinal defeated the Golden Bears 4-3 last week in the regular season finale for both teams.
No. 28/25 Stanford 4, No. 44/42 Washington 2
1) Gordon/Niluka Madurawe (STAN) vs. Fortin/Wong (WASH) 6-6, susp.
2) Arbuthnott/Blake (STAN) d. Gallagher/Zupancic (WASH) 7-5
3) Choy/Higuchi (STAN) d. Chilton/Weil (WASH) 6-3
Order of Finish: 3, 2
1) No. 43 Vanessa Wong (WASH) d. No. 39 Michaela Gordon (STAN) 7-6, 6-4
2) Sarah-Maude Fortin (WASH) d. Angelica Blake (STAN) 6-3, 6-6, susp.
3) Sedona Gallagher (WASH) d. Emily Arbuthnott (STAN) 6-2, 6-4
4) Sara Choy (STAN) d. Nika Zupancic (WASH) 6-4, 6-2
5) Emma Higuchi (STAN) d. Tara Chilton (WASH) 6-2, 6-1
6) India Houghton (STAN) d. Zoey Weil (WASH) 6-3, 7-6
Order of Finish: 4, 5, 1, 6