Baseball Continues LA Trip With Two At LMU
GAME 39: Oregon State (26-12) vs. Loyola Marymount (14-23)
April 27, 2021 • 6:00 p.m. PT • Los Angeles, Calif. • Page Stadium
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State and Loyola Marymount open a two-game midweek series Tuesday night at Page Stadium in Los Angeles. First pitch is slated for 6 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
A live video stream, produced by LMU, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Joe Casey and Kyle Froemke each homered and Andy Armstrong tied a career-high with four hits but Oregon State dropped a 7-6 decision to UC Irvine Sunday afternoon at Anteater Ballpark. The Beavers totaled 14 hits, with Garret Forrester also recording three. Casey homered for the second consecutive game while Armstrong doubled twice.
• Oregon State is meeting Loyola Marymount for just the fourth time in school history on Tuesday.
• LMU holds a 2-1 series advantage, with the last meeting taking place in San Diego in 2008. The Lions won that game, 13-3.
• All three previous meetings have been at neutral sites.
• Oregon State's offense rapped out 39 hits in the three games at UC Irvine. OSU totaled 12, 13 and 14 hits, respectively, over the three games.
• It's the second time OSU has recorded 10 or more hits in all three games of a series. The Beavers also did so in late March at Washington.
• OSU hit .312 over the three games, with 15 of the 39 hits going for extra bases.
Speaking Of Offense
• Stretching back to the opener versus California, April 16, the Beavers have recorded a total of 87 hits, an average of 12.4 per game.
• The Beavers are batting .326 over that stretch. OSU has a .498 slugging percentage and a .412 on-base percentage over those seven games.
Armstrong's Big Day
• Andy Armstrong tied a career-high with four hits Sunday and pushed his hit streak to seven games in doing so.
• Armstrong is 12-for-29 (.414) with two doubles, two RBI and five runs scored during the streak.
• The Salem native leads the Beavers with 12 doubles, which ranks tied for seventh in the Pac-12.
• Garret Forrester has reached base safely in 14 consecutive games, the longest streak for any Beaver this season.
• Forrester is on a six-game hit streak, where he is 11-for-27 (.407).
• Kyle Froemke became the 13th Beaver with a home run this season when he hit a pinch hit shot Sunday. He became the first Beaver with a pinch hit home run since Billy King versus Kansas in 2016.
• OSU is 8-7 in April with three games remaining in the month.
• OSU is 16-7 in non-conference games.