Pac-12 Track & Field Weekly Awards - April 28, 2021
Men’s Track Athlete of the Week: Cole Hocker, R-Fr., OREGON (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Posted an NCAA-leading time of 13:19.98 to win the invitational 5,000 at the Oregon Relays.
- Now the No. 5 performer in program history and the 12th-fastest performer in collegiate history.
- Leads the Pac-12 in three events: 800 (1:46.60); 1500 (3:38.99); 5000 (13:19.98).
ALSO NOMINATED: Colton Johnsen, WASHINGTON STATE.
Women’s Track Athlete of the Week: Sage Hurta, Sr., COLORADO (Hamilton, N.Y.)
- Became the 11th-fastest runner in NCAA history in the 1,500 with a 4:08.38 at the USATF Grand Prix in Eugene, Ore.
- Tied Jenny Simpson with the fastest 1,500 run by a collegiate woman in the month of April.
- Now fourth on the Pac-12’s all-time top-10 list in the 1,500.
- Leads the nation in the 1,500 by three seconds and is second in the 800 (2:00.62).
ALSO NOMINATED: Carmela Cardama Baez, OREGON.
Men’s Field Athlete of the Week: J.T. Herrscher, Fr., STANFORD (Rockwall, Texas)
- Established a new lifetime best while winning the pole vault at the Oregon Relays in 17-1 3/4 (5.23m).
- Moved to No. 7 on Stanford's all-time outdoor performers' list and became the No. 2 vaulter in the Pac-12 this season.
ALSO NOMINATED: N/A.
Women’s Field Athlete of the Week: Virginia Miller, Jr., STANFORD (Vashon, Wash.)
- Set two personal records in winning the javelin at the Oregon Relays, improving upon her previous personal best by nine feet.
- Came in with a best of 162-8, but fired 165-3 (50.37) on her third throw and 171-9 (52.36) on her sixth.
- Moved to No. 6 on Stanford's all-time performer's list.
- Is ranked No. 16 in NCAA Division I this season and tops in the Pac-12.
ALSO NOMINATED: Ta'nalya Gordon, ARIZONA STATE; Kiana Phelps, OREGON; Aislinn Overby, WASHINTON STATE.
Pac-12 in the USTFCCCA National Rating Index (April 26)
Men’s Top 25: #3 Oregon, #5 USC, #15 Arizona, #20 Arizona State
Women’s Top 25: #5 USC, #12 Oregon, #13 UCLA, #25 Arizona State
Pac-12 USTFCCCA National Athletes of the Week
Pac-12 on The Bowerman Watch List
Men's Mid-Outdoor: Cole Hocker, OREGON; Charlie Hunter, OREGON; Cooper Teare, OREGON; Turner Washington, ARIZONA STATE.
Women's Mid-Outdoor: Kemba Nelson, OREGON; Twanisha Terry, USC.
Pac-12 Track & Field Athletes of the Week
|Men's Track||Women's Track||Men's Field||Women's Field|
|March 25||Johnnie Blockburger, ARIZ||Jasmine Jones, USC||Turner Washington, ASU||Jorinde van Klinken, ASU|
|March 31||Xavier Nairne, ORE||Shae Anderson, UCLA||Ben Milligan, ORE||Alyssa Wilson, UCLA|
|April 7||Cole Hocker, ORE||Sage Hurta, COLO||Jordan Scott, USC||Camryn Rogers, CAL|
|April 14||Johnnie Blockburger, ARIZ||Shae Anderson, UCLA||Turner Washington, ASU||Samantha Noennig, ARIZ|
|April 21||Charles Hicks, STAN||Anna Cockrell, USC||Turner Washington, ASU||Camryn Rogers, CAL|
|April 28||Cole Hocker, ORE||Sage Hurta, COLO||J.T. Herrscher, STAN||Virginia Miller, STAN|