Gameday: Baseball At LMU (4/28/21)
GAME 40: Oregon State (27-12) vs. Loyola Marymount (14-24)
April 28, 2021 • 6:00 p.m. PT • Los Angeles, Calif. • Page Stadium
RHP AJ Lattery (0-0, 2.08) vs. RHP Jimmy Galicia (2-6, 5.31)
Oregon State and Loyola Marymount conclude their midweek series Wednesday night at Page Stadium in Los Angeles. First pitch is slated for 6 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
A live video stream, produced by LMU, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Ryan Ober tied a career-high with three hits and Garret Forrester, Troy Claunch and Matthew Gretler all drove in two runs to pace OSU to an 8-2 Tuesday night. Kyle Froemke, Wade Meckler and Kyler McMahan all had two hits for the Beavers, who finished with 11 as a team. Brock Townsend scattered four hits and two runs in four innings in his first career start. Ian Lawson picked up his first career win with two scoreless innings, striking out two.
• Oregon State finished with 11 hits in Tuesday's win, and extended its streak of 10 or more hits to five consecutive games.
• Notably, the Beavers have 10 or more hits in six of their last eight games, collecting 98 overall. That amounts to an average of 12.25 per game.
• The Beavers have also scored 63 runs over those eight games, an average of 7.9 per game.
• Oregon State's win Tuesday pushed the Beavers' mark to 9-7 in April this season. That clinched 10 consecutive months of April - 2020 not counting as it wasn't played due to Covid-19 - with a record of .500 or better.
• The Beavers' last April without a winning record came in 2010 when OSU went 4-10.
Ober With Three Again
• Ryan Ober's three hits Tuesday marked the 10th time the junior has accomplished the feat.
• The Washington native has three hits in four games this season and has totaled 14 multi-hit efforts overall.
• Tuesday's matchup marked the first between the teams since 2008 when they met in San Diego. It was also the fourth all-time meeting between the teams dating back to 1972.
• It also marked the first non-neutral site game between the teams.
• Andy Armstrong extended his hit streak to eight games with a single in the second.
• Garret Forrester has now reached base safely in 15 consecutive games thanks to a first-inning walk.
• Oregon State improved to 17-7 in non-conference games.
• The Beavers also improved to 19-5 when scoring first and 25-5 when out-hitting an opponent.
• OSU, after allowing one earned run Tuesday, lowered its Pac-12 best ERA to 2.92.
• Ian Lawson's win Tuesday marked the first of his collegiate career.