Beavers End Trip With Three-Game Series At UCLA
GAME 41: Oregon State (28-12, 10-5) vs. UCLA (23-13, 10-8)
April 30, 2021 • 7:05 p.m. PT • Los Angeles, Calif. • Jackie Robinson Stadium
RHP Kevin Abel (3-3, 3.08) vs. RHP Zach Pettway (1-3, 4.00)
Oregon State and UCLA open a three-game series Friday night at Jackie Robinson Stadium in Los Angeles. First pitch is slated for 7:05 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks. Jim Watson and Wes Clements will call the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Wade Meckler and Joe Casey each hit a pair of doubles and Oregon State scored seven in the seventh to come-from-behind for an 8-5 win over LMU Wednesday night. The Beavers totaled eight hits off for LMU pitchers. Kyle Keyes picked up his first career win with a scoreless sixth inning.
• The teams have met 79 times previously, with UCLA holding a slight 40-39 advantage. The Bruins also lead in games played in Los Angeles, 21-17.
• The Beavers are 6-4 over their last 10 games in the series. OSU won three straight from 2017-18.
• Kevin Abel, OSU's probable starter Friday, struck out seven in 3 2/3 scoreless innings during the 2018 series. He picked up a two-inning save in the second game of the series, a 4-1 OSU win.
Meckler To Five
• Wade Meckler extended his hit streak to five games with a 2-for-4 effort Wednesday, hitting a pair of doubles.
• Meckler is 8-for-21 (.381) with four doubles and a triple during the streak.
• Meckler, who is batting .338, has 23 hits on the season, with 11 going for extra bases.
Forrester Reaching Base In 16 Straight
• Garret Forrester went 1-for-3 Wednesday, driving in a run while scoring one and walking once. That effort extended his streak of reaching base safely to 16 games.
• That's the longest streak on the Beavers this season.
• Forrester has 11 walks and 12 hits over the 16 games.
• Andy Armstrong extended his hit streak to nine games with a 1-for-4 night Wednesday. He is 14-for-38 (.368) during the streak.
• Armstrong also has a team-leading 16 multiple-hit games.
• OSU is 10-7 in the month of April.
• Kevin Abel has allowed seven hits and three earned runs in 24 2/3 innings on the road this season.
• Jake Mulholland saved his 40th career game Wednesday, tying him with Oregon's Jimmie Sherfy for third all-time in Pac-12 Conference history.