Baseball Opens Three-Game Set With USC Friday At Goss
GAME 44: Oregon State (29-14, 11-7) vs. USC (19-19, 7-11)
May 7, 2021 • 4:05 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Kevin Abel (3-3, 2.83) vs. LHP Isaac Esqueda (4-2, 3.03)
Oregon State and USC open their three-game series Friday afternoon at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 4:05 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks. Rich Burk and Bill Rowe will call the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Greg Fuchs went 3-for-4 and hit the game-winning home run in the third inning to help send Oregon State to a 5-3 series finale victory at UCLA on Sunday. The home run was the first of Fuchs' career. He, Joe Casey and Troy Claunch all drove in runs in a three-run first inning for the Beavers. Claunch also drove in a run in the eighth. Jake Pfennigs improved to 3-0 after scattering three hits and three runs - one earned - in five innings.
Beavers And USC
• USC holds the all-time series advantage, 56-35, with Oregon State posting a 6-4 record in the last 10 games.
• OSU, which trails 25-21 in games played in Corvallis, has won five of the last eight series played at Goss Stadium. The Beavers are 16-11 over that stretch.
114 Through 43
• Oregon State's batters have totaled 114 multiple-hit efforts through the first 43 games. That's just 10 shy of the 2019 club's total over its 57-game season.
• The 2021 Beavers are led by Andy Armstrong, who has 16. Ryan Ober has 15 while Joe Casey (11), Jacob Melton (11) and Troy Claunch (10) all have 10 or more.
• The 2019 club, the Beavers' last team to play a full season prior to 2021, had just three players with 10 or more: Adley Rutschman (24), Beau Philip (17) and Alex McGarry (14).
• Oregon State's team earned run average of 2.86 ranks third nationally, trailing No. 1 Monmouth (2.51) and No. 2 Fairfield (2.56). Only seven teams nationally have a sub-3.00 ERA.
• The Beavers also rank fifth in WHIP (1.13), tied for sixth in fielding percentage (.982) and seventh with 462 strikeouts. The Beavers are also tied for 15th with 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings.
• OSU has also allowed just 6.5 hits per game, tied for fifth nationally.
• Garret Forrester extended his on-base streak to 19 games Sunday.
• Jake Mulholland is now in sole possession of third in Pac-12 history with 41 career saves.
• Will Frisch has the Pac-12's lowest ERA at 2.28.
• OSU is 14-6 in day games.