Gameday: Baseball vs. USC (5/8/21)
GAME 45: Oregon State (30-14, 12-7) vs. USC (19-20, 7-12)
May 8, 2021 • 6:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
LHP Cooper Hjerpe (2-4, 2.91) vs. RHP Chandler Champlain (2-4, 5.57)
Oregon State and USC continue their three-game series Saturday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks. Rich Burk and Bill Rowe will call the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Oregon State scored five unanswered runs in a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over USC Friday night at Goss Stadium. Troy Claunch drove in two on a double in the sixth, and Ryan Ober and Garret Forrester each drove in runs in the eighth to send OSU to the one-run victory. Chase Watkins threw one pitch in the eighth and was the pitcher of record, giving him the win. He is 2-2 on the year.
Going For 38
• Oregon State fans found out before the game that 2018 All-American Trevor Larnach was called up by the Minnesota Twins.
• Larnach did not play in Friday's matchup at Detroit.
• Larnach is looking to become the 38th Beaver to play at the Major League level. He'll be the first Beaver to make his MLB debut since Nick Madrigal on July 31, 2020.
• Larnach was a 2018 All-American who batted .348 with 19 home runs and 77 runs batted in as a junior.
Make That 30
• Oregon State's win Friday made the Beavers the second Pac-12 team to win 30 games this season.
• There are just 21 teams nationally with 30 or more wins at this point of the season.
• Oregon State has now won 30 or more games 18 times since 2001.
One Of Three
• Oregon State is one of just two teams nationally to have held opponents to a sub-.300 slugging percentage this season.
• The Beavers, at .289, trail only Fairfield (.280). Monmouth is at even at .300.
• The Pac-12's next closest team, UCLA, has allowed opponents to post a .338 slugging percentage, followed closely by California at .339.
• Garret Forrester has now reached base safely in 20 consecutive games.
• Troy Claunch's sixth-inning double Friday extended his hit streak to a season-long five games.
• The Beavers are 8-2 in Pac-12 games at Goss Stadium.
• Overall, Oregon State is 15-6 at home with five regular season games remaining at Goss Stadium.