Gameday: Baseball At Arizona State (5/15/21)
GAME 48: Oregon State (31-16, 13-9) vs. Arizona State (29-15, 13-9)
May 15, 2021 • 6:35 p.m. PT • Phoenix, Ariz. • Phoenix Municipal Stadium
LHP Cooper Hjerpe (2-4, 3.05) vs. LHP Justin Fall (6-1, 3.54)
Oregon State at Arizona State continue their three-game series Saturday night in Phoenix. First pitch at Phoenix Municipal Stadium is set for 6:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
The game can also be found online by visiting OSUBeavers.com; click on the schedule link for a direct link to live video.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Troy Claunch and Wade Meckler each homered but Oregon State dropped a 9-6 decision to Arizona State Friday night in Phoenix. Claunch and Meckler homered during the Beavers' five-run fourth inning. ASU scored four in the ninth, capped by Ethan Long's walkoff three-run home run.
Claunch To Eight
• Troy Claunch's fourth-inning home run marked his third of the season and extended his hit streak to a season-long eight games.
• Claunch has homered in back-to-back games after doing so Sunday versus USC.
• Claunch joins Ryan Ober (Feb. 19 and 20) and Joe Casey (April 24 and 25) as Beavers with home runs in back-to-back games this season.
Fuchs Sees 37 Pitches
• Greg Fuchs went 0-for-1 in the opener Friday, walking three times in addition to a first-inning hit by pitch on 3-2.
• Fuchs is the third Beaver to walk three times in a game this season, joining Preston Jones (twice) and Jake Dukart. Fuchs is the first to do so in Pac-12 play.
• Fuchs saw 37 pitches on Friday night.
• He has nine walks in 12 games this season.
Hjerpe In Pac-12 Play
• Saturday's probable starter, Cooper Hjerpe, has thrown 36 2/3 innings in Pac-12 play. The lefty has struck out 45 batters while issuing 12 walks while allowing 24 hits.
• Hjerpe has a 0.98 WHIP in Pac-12 play.
• Hjerpe also has a 1.96 ERA in seven Pac-12 appearances.
• Troy Claunch and Wade Meckler's home runs in the fourth inning Friday gave the Beavers two in the same inning since Ryan Ober and Garret Forrester went back-to-back in the fifth inning April 2 versus Utah.
• Meckler has reached base safely in 11 consecutive games while Claunch is now at nine.
• Meckler is also at a four-game hit streak.
• The 1,787 in attendance at Friday's game marked a season high for an OSU game this season.
• Andy Armstrong posted his team-leading 18th multiple-hit game of the season.
• The Beavers are 16-9 in night games.
• OSU's starting pitchers are averaging 10.94 strikeouts per nine innings.
• OSU is tied with UCLA and Arizona State for fourth in the Pac-12, 2 1/2 games behind conference leader Arizona.