Baseball Plays Final Midweek Tuesday At Portland
GAME 50: Oregon State (32-17) vs. Portland (22-24)
May 18, 2021 • 5:00 p.m. PT • Portland, Ore. • Joe Etzel Field
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State plays in its final non-conference game of the regular season when visiting Portland Tuesday night at Joe Etzel Field. First pitch is slated for 5 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
The game can also be found online by visiting OSUBeavers.com; click on the schedule link for a direct link to live video.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Oregon State hit four home runs to take the series finale at Arizona State, 11-4, on Sunday in Phoenix. Troy Claunch, Matthew Gretler, Kyle Froemke and Ryan Ober homered in the win. Claunch finished 3-for-6 while Froemke drove in three via a double and the home run. Jake Pfennigs started and worked five innings for his fourth win of the season.
Third Time Versus Portland
• Oregon State and Portland are meeting for the third and final time this season. The Beavers are 2-0 in the series thus far, winning 7-1 in Portland on March 30 and then 11-3 in Corvallis on April 20.
• Ryan Ober and Jacob Melton hit home runs in the first meeting. Ober and Andy Armstrong each recorded three hits in the win.
• Matthew Gretler hit his first home run of the season in game two, finishing with two hits. Greg Fuchs led OSU with three hits.
• OSU's pitchers have limited the Pilots to eight hits over the first two games, combining for 27 strikeouts.
At 49 Home Runs
• Oregon State now has 49 home runs on the year and is looking to become the fifth Beaver team since 2000 to tally 50 or more in the regular season. OSU did so in 2000 (58), 2001 (53), 2002 (54) and 2018 (52). The 2018 club ended the season with 67 after hitting 15 in the postseason.
- The 2021 Beavers have hit 13 home runs over their last five games. That includes nine in the three-game series versus Arizona State.
Claunch Pushes To 10
• Troy Claunch went 3-for-6 with a double and a home run in the win Sunday, and extended his hit streak to 10 games in the process. That's tied for the longest by a Beaver this season, equaling Andy Armstrong's from April 16-30.
• Claunch is 16-for-40 (.400) with four doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI during the season.
• He has upped his average from .270 prior to the streak to .303.
• OSU is 18-7 in non-conference games this season, with an 11-3 mark away from home.
• The Beavers have struck out 498 batters this season and are two shy of totaling 500 or more in a season for the fourth time in school history.
• OSU is sixth nationally in ERA at 3.24.