Pac-12 Baseball Weekly Awards - May 17, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Ethan Long, Fr., INF, ARIZONA STATE (Gilbert, Ariz.)
4 GP, .500 AVG, .600 OBP, 1.375 SLG, 12 RBI, 4 HR, 7 R, 8 H, 1 BB
- Long led Arizona State past then-No. 23 ranked Oregon State in a series victory this past weekend, including a three-run walk-off home run on Friday and a two-homer game in an 11-5 rout to take the series on Saturday.
- The freshman infielder also had a three-run shot and a five-RBI day in ASU's Tuesday victory over top-40 RPI Nevada.
- Finished the week with 12 RBIs and four home runs on .500 hitting (8-of-16), slugging 1.375 and getting on base at a .600 clip for a 1.975 OPS.
- ASU went 3-1 on the week, and Long's effort over OSU improved his Pac-12 only numbers to a .400 average (1st), .850 slugging (1st by .100 points), nine homers (1st), 27 RBIs (t-3rd) and a .479 OBP (5th). He is the only Pac-12 player in the top-5 in all five categories.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Brendan Beck, Sr., RHP, STANFORD (Corona, Calif.)
1 GP, 8.0 IP, 2.25 ERA, 12 K
- Beck had a dominating performance for Stanford in the series opener of a three-game set at California last Friday.
- The senior allowed just two runs on three hits and a walk with a career-best 12 strikeouts over eight innings as the then-No. 12 Cardinal (28-10, 13-6) earned a 9-2 victory over the Golden Bears (24-22, 10-12).
- Beck retired 11 straight from the fourth through the seventh innings, collecting six strikeouts over that span.
- His 12 strikeouts were one off the Pac-12 single-game high in 2021 and bested his previous career best of 11, which he accomplished three times.
Player of the Week: Donta Williams, ARIZ; Quentin Selma, CAL; Kenyon Yovan, ORE; Brock Jones, STAN; Kyle Cuellar, UCLA; Jamal O'Guinn, USC; Christopher Rowan Jr., UTAH.
Pitcher of the Week: Garrett Irvin, ARIZ; Justin Fall, ASU; Grant Holman, CAL; Brett Walker, ORE; Sean Mullen, UCLA; Chandler Champlain, USC.