Wildcats Earn No. 5 National Seed, Hosts Tucson Regional
TUCSON, Ariz. — The morning after securing an NCAA Regional host bid, the Arizona Wildcats heard their name called in the NCAA Selection Show on ESPN2.
With a resume that included an outright Pac-12 Championship, 40 regular season wins, the second-most conference wins in program history, and a Top 10 RPI ranking, the Wildcats earned the No. 5 national seed. The top eight seeding ensures the opportunity to host an NCAA Super Regional at Hi Corbett Field should Arizona come away victorious in the Tucson Regional.
Arizona will play host to the Grand Canyon Antelopes, UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, and the Oklahoma State Cowboys at Hi Corbett Field this weekend.
The Wildcats will begin their 40th NCAA Tournament with a matchup against in-state foe Grand Canyon on Friday, June 4 at 7:00 p.m. MST. The game will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Monday's selection officially solidifies the 40th NCAA Tournament appearance in program history, tied for sixth most nationally. The Wildcats have punched their ticket to the postseason three times under head coach Jay Johnson, the first of which culminated in an appearance in the College World Series championship series.
The Wildcats roll into the postseason with one of the most dangerous offenses in college baseball. Arizona is among the Top 10 teams in the country in batting average, and on-base percentage and currently ranks fourth nationally in scoring with an average of 8.7 runs per game.
Attendance at all NCAA Regional competitions hosted at Hi Corbett Field have been approved for 100% capacity. Continue reading below for ticketing information, and click HERE to make your purchase.
- All-Session Pricing
- Reserved: $50
- Single-Session Pricing (available Friday, June 4 at 9 a.m.)
- Adult: $15/ticket
- Groups (15+) and College Students: $10/ticket
- Season Ticket Holder window for All-Session Passes: Sunday, May 30 through Tuesday, June 1 at 12 p.m. MST
- Wildcat Club window for All Session Passes: Tuesday, June 1 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- General Public window for All-Session Passes: Wednesday, June 2 at 9 a.m.
- Single-Session Tickets: Friday, June 4 at 9 a.m.
Tucson Regional Schedule
Friday, June 4
|Game 1||1:00 PM MST||UC Santa Barbara vs. Oklahoma State||ESPN3|
|Game 2||7:00 PM MST||Arizona vs. Grand Canyon||ESPN3|
Saturday, June 5
|Game 3||1:00 PM MST||Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser||TV TBA|
|Game 4||7:00 PM MST||Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner||TV TBA|
Sunday, June 6
|Game 5||12:00 PM MST||Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Loser||TV TBA|
|Game 6||6:00 PM MST||Game 5 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner||TV TBA|
Monday, June 7 (if necessary)
|Game 7||7:00 PM MST||Same as Game 6||TV TBA|
Visiting Team Information
- No. 2 Oklahoma State Cowboys (at-large)
- Conference: Big 12
- Record: 35-17-1 (12-12 Big 12)
- Head Coach: Josh Holliday
- No. 3 UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (at-large)
- Conference: Big West
- Record: 39-18 (29-11 Big West)
- Head Coach: Andrew Checketts
- No. 4 Grand Canyon Antelopes (automatic qualifier)
- Conference: WAC
- Record: 39-19-1 (29-7 WAC)
- Head Coach: Andy Stankiewicz