Pac-12 Baseball Players of The Week - June 1, 2021
Jun 1, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Tony Bullard, So., INF, Arizona (Riverside, Calif.)
3 GP, .500 AVG, .500 OBP, 1.167 SLG, 6 RBI, 2 HR, 3 R, 6 H, 0 BB
- Hit .500 with a pair of home runs, two doubles and six RBI to lead Arizona to a series win against Dixie State.
- Swatted two home runs in the same game for the first time in his career on Friday night, driving in a career-high five.
- His grand slam was also a career first and Arizona's first since May 2019.
- Raised his batting average from .242 to .271 over the three-game set.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Brendan Beck, Sr., RHP, Stanford (Corona, Calif.)
1 GP, 9.0 IP, 0.00 ERA, 10 K
- Twirled a three-hit shutout with 10 strikeouts to guide Stanford to a 1-0 victory over Oregon State on Thursday.
- Lasted a full nine innings for the first time in his career, besting the eight he had reached on six previous occasions.
- Threw 107 pitches (75 strikes), allowing just three hits and one walk to improve to 7-1 on the season.
- Collected the first shutout for a Cardinal pitcher since John Hochstatter blanked UCLA, 5-0, on May 3, 2014.
Player of the Week: Quentin Selma, CAL; Tanner Smith, ORE; Kody Huff, STAN; Noah Cardenas, UCLA; Garret Guillemette, USC; Nate Swarts, WSU.
Pitcher of the Week: Tj Nichols, ARIZ; Sean Sullivan, CAL; Andrew Mosiello, ORE; Jesse Bergin, UCLA; Brayson Hurdsman, UTAH; Brandon White, WSU.
Related News & Videos
50 minutes ago
2 minutes ago