Gameday: Baseball vs. Dallas Baptist (6/7/21)
GAME 61: Oregon State (37-23) vs. Dallas Baptist (39-16)
June 7, 2021 • 1:06 p.m. PT • Fort Worth, Texas • Lupton Stadium
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State finishes the Fort Worth Regional Monday afternoon with a 1 p.m. PT (3 p.m. in Texas) first pitch against Dallas Baptist at Lupton Stadium. Winner of the regional's seventh game advances to an NCAA Super Regional.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on ESPNU. Anish Shroff and Keith Moreland will call the game.
Watch the game by visiting espn.com, via the ESPN app on smartphones and tablets as well as through Roku, Chromecast and other providers.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Garret Forrester hit a walkoff solo home run to send Oregon State to a 5-4 win over Dallas Baptist Sunday night at Lupton Stadium. Ryan Ober hit a solo home run in the fourth inning and the Beavers scored twice in the sixth on bases-loaded walks. DBU tied the game in the ninth on a two-out single before Forrester's home run in the bottom half.
Shades Of '07
• Oregon State's regional run has similar ties to the Beavers' 2007 Charlottesville Regional appearance.
• The 2007 Beavers won their first game but lost their second, necessitating a three-game win streak to advance to a super regional. OSU defeated Rutgers, 5-2, and Virginia, 5-3, forcing the regional game seven. The Beavers won that game, 7-3.
• HC Mitch Canham, assistant coach Darwin Barney and undergraduate assistant coach Joey Wong were all members of the 2007 team.
That's A Record
• The Oregon State pitching staff combined for 23 strikeouts in the wins over TCU and Dallas Baptist, and in the process, set a new single-season record.
• The staff has struck out 603 batters in 60 games, surpassing the previous record of 596 during the 2018 season. That 2018 team set the record in 68 games.
• The 603 strikeouts rank 10th nationally and first in the Pac-12.
A Day For The 'Pen
• The Oregon State bullpen limited TCU and Dallas Baptist to four hits and one run in 8 1/3 innings of work Sunday. The Horned Frogs and Patriots totaled three walks while striking out 14 times.
• The bullpen has been stellar at the regional, posting 26 strikeouts to six walks in 19 innings. Opponents have scored five runs on 11 hits.
• OSU is 21-9 in non-conference games this season, and 5-2 in neutral-site matchups.
• The Beavers collected 25 hits over the two games Sunday, and are batting .347 with 29 extra-base hits in seven neutral-site games in 2021.
• Garret Forrester is 8-for-15 with a double, home run and two RBI in the regional.
• Opponents are batting just .186 against the Beavers in Fort Worth.