Trio of Red Rocks Named To 2021 U.S. Senior National Team
FORT WORTH, Texas – A trio of Utah gymnasts – Grace McCallum, Kara Eaker and MyKayla Skinner - were named to the 2021 U.S. Senior National Team on Sunday night following the U.S. Championships. All three standout gymnasts earned a spot at the Olympic Team Trials for performances at the national championships and will contend for an Olympic Team USA berth for the Tokyo Olympics.
The Olympic Trials will be held Thursday through Sunday, June 24-27 at The Dome at America's Center in St. Louis, Mo. The first day of competition for the women will be on Friday, June 25 at 5:30 p.m. MT, while the final day of competition for the women will be Sunday, June 27 at 6 p.m. MT.
- McCallum finished tied for seventh place in the all-around to earn an automatic bid to the Olympic Trials. She posted a 54.300 on day one and then improved on day two with a 55.250.
- The Isanti, Minn. native placed third on balance beam with scores of 14.200 on both days of competition.
- McCallum is now a four-time U.S. Senior National Team member (2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2021).
- Skinner tallied a ninth place finish in the all-around at the U.S. Championships after a 54.200 on day one and then improving her score with a 55.300 on day two.
- She had phenomenal vault showings on both days of competition, scoring averages of 14.975 and 15.050 between her two vaults. Skinner was the silver medalist on vault only behind Simone Biles.
- Skinner is now a six-time U.S. Senior National Team member (2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2019-20, 2021).
- Eaker placed 10th in the all-around this past weekend with scores of 54.550 and 54.500 to make her case for a spot at the Olympic Trials.
- She placed fifth on beam at the U.S. Championships with scores of 13.700 and 14.200.
- The Grain Valley, Mo. native is now a three-time U.S. Senior National Team member (2018-19, 2019-20, 2021).