Kirkland, Ulofoshio Named To Lombardi Watch List
Jaxson Kirkland and Edefuan Ulofoshio added to their preseason watch list inventory by being named ones to watch for the Rotary Lombardi Award. The Rotary Lombardi Award goes annually to the college football offensive or defensive lineman, who in addition to outstanding performance and ability, best exemplifies the character and discipline of NFL Hall of Fame Head Coach Vince Lombardi.
Kirkland, a junior offensive lineman from Portland, Ore., has been named to the preseason watch list for the Outland Trophy and has been named preseason All-American to several other lists. At Pac-12 Media Day, Kirkland was named preseason First Team All-Conference.
Ulofoshio has previously been named to the preseason watch lists for the Butkus Award, Bronko Nagurski Trophy and Bednarik Award. He too is on several preseason All-America watch lists.
To be considered for the Rotary Lombardi Award, players must be a NCAA FBS College Football team member and meet the following qualifications:
- Be a down Lineman, end to end, either on offense or defense, setting up no further than ten (10) yards to the left or right of the ball at the time of the snap.
- Be a Linebacker on defense, setting up no further than five (5) yards deep from the line of scrimmage.
- Must not come out of the offensive backfield and set up on the line of scrimmage as a Blocker or a Receiver or listed in the program as an Offensive Back or Receiver.
- Be eligible to participate in the current season.
The voting process for this year's award ceremony will go as follows.
- First round ballots are to be emailed by Sept 24th and voting ends on Oct 11th.
The 12 semifinalists from the first round will be announced Oct 13th.
- The second-round ballots will be emailed Oct 15th and voting ends on Nov 8th.
The 4 finalists from the second round will be announced Nov 9th.
- Lastly, third round ballots will be emailed by Nov 15th and voting ends on Dec 6th.