Utah Volleyball Set For Red & White Match This Saturday
Fans can come out and get their first glimpse of the 2021 Utah volleyball team this Saturday, August 21 for the annual Red & White match. With the squad split into two teams, the scrimmage will begin at 2 p.m. MT at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. Admission is free for all fans.
QUICK HITS HEADING INTO 2021
- Beth Launiere enters her 32nd season at the helm of the program. She surpassed the 600-win mark this past spring season with a win over Colorado in three sets and heads into the fall campaign at 601 career victories.
- Utah is coming off the program's fifth-straight NCAA Tournament appearance and 17th overall.
- The Utes were voted No. 19 in the AVCA preseason poll, marking the fifth-straight year Utah has been ranked or received votes in the preseason poll. Utah also achieved a program-high ranking of No. 7 in the nation during the 2021 spring season.
- The Utes return 11 letterwinners from last season, highlighted by reigning Pac-12 Player of the Year and AVCA Pacific South Region Player of the Year Dani Drews. Other notable returners include All-Pac-12 honorable mention honoree Madelyn Robinson, last year's starting libero Vanessa Ramirez, and 2019 All-Pac-12 freshman team selection Zoe Weatherington.
- Utah welcomes four newcomers this year: setter Stef Jankiewicz, middle blocker Amelia Van Der Werff, defensive specialist/libero Kiley McMurtrey, and outside hitter Kamry Bailey.
Utah volleyball is set to compete in an exciting non-conference schedule before the gauntlet of Pac-12 play begins. The Utes will start the year with a home-and-home series against Utah Valley with the season opener coming next Friday, August 27, while the home opener against the Wolverines is set for Saturday, August 28.
Come out for a Labor Day weekend loaded with volleyball as the Utes are set to host a stacked field at the Utah Classic. Utah will matchup against No. 20 San Diego, and Calp Poly and Hawaii, which are both receiving votes in the preseason poll. Utah will also play at the historic Devaney Center in Omaha when it takes on No. 5 Nebraska. Capping off a loaded preseason schedule, Utah will face No. 15 BYU at Smith Fieldhouse in Provo before Pac-12 play begins. For a full look at the schedule, click here.
UTAH CLASSIC SCHEDULE
|Friday, Sept. 3||10am||Utah vs. Cal Poly|
|12:30pm||San Diego vs. Hawaii|
|4:30pm||Utah Valley vs. Cal Poly|
|7pm||Utah vs. San Diego|
|Saturday, Sept. 4||4:30pm||San Diego vs. Cal Poly|
|7pm||Utah vs. Hawaii|
TIME FOR SEASON TICKETS
Come out and bring back the home court advantage for Utah volleyball this fall. There is no place like the Huntsman Center and it is time to secure season tickets for the season to catch all the action. Visit UtahTickets.com to purchase tickets and help make the Huntsman Center the loudest in the nation.