Huskies Open Home Schedule With LMU on Sunday
SEATTLE -- The Washington women's soccer team returns home on Sunday afternoon to open its home slate with a contest against Loyola Marymount.
After spending the opening weekend of the season on the east coast, UW is back at Husky Soccer Stadium and in front of fans for the first time since the 2019 season. The match will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks with A.J. Kanell on the call.
• Washington plays its first home match of the season on Sunday afternoon. The Huskies return to Seattle after opening their season in the Eastern time zone with matches against No. 3 North Carolina and No. 6 Duke.
• UW hosts two games at home this week, with Portland coming to town on Thursday evening.
• Sunday will mark head coach Nicole Van Dyke's first home match with fans in attendance at Husky Soccer Stadium.
• The match is part of a doubleheader with UW Men's Soccer, who play Cal State Fullerton at 3:00 p.m..
• This marks just the second time Washington and LMU will compete in women's soccer. The two schools played to a 1-1 draw in 2003.
• Summer Yates was named to the MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List last week. The Hermann Trophy is giving annually to the top invidual collegiate soccer player in the country.
• Defender Kala McDaniel has played all 180 minutes this season, the only Husky to do so besides goalkeeper Olivia Sekany.
• Two transfers in McKenzie Weinert and Kyla Ferry have made the Washington debuts this season. Every other player for the Huskies has returning experience.
Fans can purchase tickets to Sunday's contest here.