UW Set For Matchup Against Portland
SEATTLE – The Washington women's soccer team is back home on Thursday night to face Portland in the second home match of the season at Husky Soccer Stadium.
The match against the Pilots will be broadcast on the Washington Live Stream at 6 p.m.
The Huskies earned their first win of the year with a 1-0 victory over Loyola Marymount on Sunday afternoon, improving to 1-2 on the year.
- Ameera Hussen's goal against LMU was her first of the season after leading the Dawgs with 5 goals in the spring 2021 campaign.
- The Huskies have faced Portland 33 times in program history, with the most recent matchup resulting in a 0-0 tie in August of 2019.
- Portland enters the match 1-2 on the year, most recently dropping their home opener in a 2-0 loss to California on Friday night.
- Sunday's victory against LMU marked head coach Nicole Van Dyke's first win with fans in attendance at Husky Soccer Stadium.
- Entering the week, goalkeeper Olivia Sekany leads the Pac-12 conference in total saves (15) as well as saves per game (5.00).
- Through three games, 21 different players have earned playing time for Washington.
- UW heads on the road following the two-game homestand to face New Mexico on Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Summer Yates has been named to the MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List. The Hermann Trophy is giving annually to the top individual collegiate soccer player in the country.
- Defender Kala McDaniel has played all 270 minutes this season, the only Husky to do so besides goalkeeper Olivia Sekany.
Fans can purchase tickets to Sunday's contest here.