Pac-12 Women's Soccer Weekly Release - Sept. 1, 2021
Sep 2, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO - Pac-12 Women’s Soccer continues the 2021 campaign with eight matches on Thursday, Sept. 2, and 21 total matches over the third week of action.
- Three Pac-12 teams are ranked in the United Soccer Coaches Top 25, led by a pair of top-10 sides in No. 4 UCLA and No. 10 STANFORD. Off to a 4-0 start, ARIZONA STATE joined this week's poll at No. 21.
- Pac-12 Women's Soccer teams have posted a combined 26-8-4 (.737) record so far through two weeks of non-conference play.
- The league amassed a 15-3-1 mark last week, highlighted by Arizona State's road wins at Mississippi State (1-0) and UAB (5-1). Key week 2 results also featured No. 4 UCLA taking down Long Beach State (1-0), Stanford cruising past CSUN (7-0) and San Diego State (6-0) by a combined 13 goals, and OREGON STATE collecting a pair of victories over Idaho (2-1) and New Mexico (3-0) to improve to 4-0-0.
- The biggest matches this week feature No. 10 STANFORD, as the Cardinal travels east to take on No. 5 Duke and No. 2 North Carolina, while USC will play at No. 24 Michigan and both ARIZONA and No. 21 ASU will face No. 17 LSU at the Sun Devil Classic in Tempe.
- The final two matches of the Sun Devil Classic will air on Pac-12 Networks on Sunday, starting with the Wildcats versus CSUN at 11 a.m. PT and followed by a ranked clash between the Sun Devils and Tigers at 2 p.m. PT.
- Two Pac-12 players were recognized on the College Soccer News National Team of the Week. Stanford's Maya Doms was recognized after recording her first career multi-goal game, netting the Pac-12's first hat trick of the season in the Cardinal's 7-0 victory over CSUN on Thursday. Arizona State's Lieske Carleer was also named to the team after contributing to a defensive effort that surrendered only one goal, including a shutout at Mississippi State, and only 13 shots in two road games.
- The league's teams will be featured 88 times this season across Pac-12 Networks and the new, free streaming channel, Pac-12 Insider. For a complete schedule, visit pac-12.com/womens-soccer/schedule.