USC Women’s Volleyball Falls to No. 3 Kentucky
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The USC women's volleyball team (3-3) was defeated in three sets (25-15, 25-12, 25-22) by No. 3-ranked defending NCAA champion Kentucky (5-1) to conclude the Bluegrass Battle at Memorial Coliseum on Saturday, Sept. 4.
- Gr. OH Brooke Botkin led the Trojans with 12 kills and 11 digs to log her first double-double of the season (29th career).
- Sr. OH Brooklyn Schirmer added 11 kills to go with six digs.
- Fr. setter Mia Tuaniga had 23 assists and eight digs.
- For Kentucky, Madi Skinner led with 12 kills. Alli Stumler added 11 kills and five digs. Emma Grome had 34 assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The teams started out back and forth, but UK quickly seized control and rolled to a 25-15 win in the opening frame.
- The score was tied three times before the Wildcats pulled away with a big run to go up 2-0 with a 25-12 win.
- The Trojans fought hard in the third and fell by just three points as UK completed the sweep.
- The Women of Troy head to the islands to face Hawai'i twice on back-to-back nights at the Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu Hawai'i. The matches will be shown locally by Spectrum OC16 and are scheduled for 7 p.m. HT starts (10 p.m. PT) on both nights (Sept. 10 and 11).
- USC fell to 5-3 all-time against Kentucky.
- The Trojans dropped to 6-2 all-time in the Bluegrass State.
For more information on the USC women's volleyball team and a complete schedule and results, please visit USCTrojans.com/WVB. Fans of the Women of Troy can follow @USCWomensVolley on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.