Pac-12 Women’s Volleyball Weekly Awards - Sept. 6, 2021
Offensive Player of the Week: Brooke Nuneviller, Jr., OH, OREGON (Chandler, Ariz.)
» 5.86 KPS, .284 PCT, 4.29 DPS, 6.6 PPS
- Totaled 41 kills and 30 digs as nationally ranked Ducks won a pair of matches in Houston.
- Recorded a Conference-leading 31 kills on .338 hitting percentage in four-set win at Rice on Thursday.
- Added 21 digs against the Owls to complete the first 30-20 effort by a Pac-12 player this season. Also had two aces and a block to post a conference-high 33.5 points.
- Chipped in 12.5 points (10 kills, three blocks and one ace) in straight-sets win over SMU on Friday.
- Sixth career Pac-12 weekly honor, including second Offensive Player of the Week (2/15/21).
ALSO NOMINATED: Jaelyn Hodge, ARIZONA; Iman Isanovic, ARIZONA STATE; Mima Mirkovic, CALIFORNIA; Leah Clayton, COLORADO; Caitie Beard, STANFORD; Mac May, UCLA; Dani Drews, UTAH; Claire Hoffman, WASHINGTON; Magda Jehlarova, WASHINGTON STATE.
Defensive Player of the Week: Georgia Murphy, So., LB, OREGON (The Woodlands, Texas)
» 5.43 DPS, 6 A
- Averaged 5.43 digs per set in Oregon's two wins in Houston last week.
- Posted a season-high 22 digs in four-set win at Rice on Thursday, surpassing 700 career digs in the match.
- Led the Ducks to 97 digs against the Owls, the team's highest total since 2018
- Paced all players with 16 digs in straight-sets win over SMU on Friday, helping to hold the Mustangs to .057 hitting percentage.
- For the weekend, committed zero reception errors in 27 targets.
- Second career Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week honor (1/26/21).
ALSO NOMINATED: Kamaile Hiapo, ARIZONA; Annika Larson, ARIZONA STATE; Brynna DeLuzio, COLORADO; Elena Ogilvie, STANFORD; Zoe Fleck, UCLA; Vanessa Ramirez, UTAH; Marin Grote, WASHINGTON.
Freshman of the Week: Charitie Luper, Fr., OH/OPP, UCLA (Trophy Club, Texas)
» 3.17 KPS, .259 PCT, 1.5 DPS, 3.6 PPS
- The true freshman had a breakout match for the nationally ranked Bruins, leading UCLA with a match-high tying 17 kills on .295 hitting in the 3-1 upset win over No. 16 Georgia Tech on Saturday.
- Marked the first time in 12 matches that someone other than Mac May led the Bruins outright in kills in a single match.
- Narrowly missed a double-double against the Yellow Jackets with eight digs.
ALSO NOMINATED: Puk Stubbe, ARIZONA; Sarah Schrag, CALIFORNIA; Kami Miner, STANFORD; Katy Ryan, WASHINGTON STATE.
2021 Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards
|Aug. 30||Leah Clayton, COLO||Elena Oglivie, STAN||Kami Miner, STAN|
|Sept. 6||Brooke Nuneviller, ORE||Georgia Murphy, ORE||Charitie Luper, UCLA|