Pac-12 Women's Soccer Weekly Release - Sept. 8, 2021
Sep 8, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO - Pac-12 Women’s Soccer continues the 2021 campaign with 20 matches over the fourth week of action from Thursday, Sept. 9 to Monday, Sept. 13.
- Two Pac-12 teams continue to be ranked in the United Soccer Coaches Top 25 in No. 4 UCLA and No. 11 STANFORD. Four Pac-12 programs - OREGON STATE, ARIZONA STATE, USC and CALIFORNIA - are among those receiving votes, with the undefeated Beavers on the cusp of their first national ranking since Sept. 2012.
- This week's schedule will feature matchups with five ranked opponents and eight against power-conference foes, highlighted by a top-10 clash between No. 4 UCLA and No. 8 Santa Clara and ARIZONA and ARIZONA STATE both facing No. 21 Texas Tech and Nebraska in Tucson.
- Pac-12 Women's Soccer teams have posted a combined 38-16-5 record (.686) so far through three weeks of non-conference play.
- The league added 12 wins to its non-conference tally last week, highlighted by USC's 1-0 overtime win at then-No. 24 Michigan. The Trojans then rolled at Western Michigan (5-0) as 1-of-3 Pac-12 teams to win twice last week - WASHINGTON STATE cruised past San Diego State (3-0) and Hawaii (7-0) by a combined 10 goals, and Oregon State remained perfect at 6-0-0 with victories over Yale (6-1) and Central Connecticut State (2-0).
- Two Pac-12 players were recognized on the College Soccer News National Team of the Week. UCLA’s Reilyn Turner was recognized after recording her first hat trick for the season, netting three goals in a 30-minute span to account for all the scoring in UCLA's 3-0 win at Loyola Marymount on Sunday. USC’s Anna Smith, the Pac-12 Goalkeeper of the Week, was selected to both the College Soccer News and Top Drawer Soccer’s National Teams of the Week after making a career-high 11 saves, including a penalty-kick stop, in a 1-0 overtime victory against then-No. 24 Michigan. Washington State’s Bridget Rieken was also recognized on Top Drawer Soccer’s National Team of the Week after scoring her first two career goals and helping the Cougars allow just six total shots, including only two on goal, leading to two shutout victories against San Diego State (3-0) and Hawaii (7-0).
- Two matches will air on Pac-12 Networks on Thursday, starting with UTAH versus rival No. 22 BYU at 5 p.m. PT followed by the ranked clash between No. 4 UCLA and No. 8 Santa Clara at 7 p.m. PT.
- An additional three matches will be televised on Sunday with Arizona State versus No. 21 Texas Tech and Arizona hosting Nebraska on Pac-12 Arizona at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. PT, respectively, along with Stanford hosting Loyola Marymount on Pac-12 Bay Area at 1 p.m. PT.
- Four matches will also appear on Pac-12 Insider, the new, free streaming channel from Pac-12 Network.
- The league's teams will be featured 88 times this season across Pac-12 Networks and the new, free streaming channel, Pac-12 Insider. For a complete schedule, visit pac-12.com/womens-soccer/schedule.