Cal Volleyball Announces 2021 Attendance Policy
BERKELEY -- In order to comply with a recent Berkeley Public Health Order, fans can expect several changes when they attend volleyball matches in Haas Pavilion this season.
For this weekend's tournament featuring teams from Cal, Butler, Nevada and North Dakota State, attendance will be capped each day at 1,000. No concessions will be sold in the arena and fans may not bring in outside food or drink. However, fans with a ticket will be allowed to exit and reenter to be able to eat or drink outside the facility.
Beginning with Cal's home match against Saint Mary's on Wednesday, Sept. 15, all fans 12 and older will be required to show proof of a full COVID vaccination and a photo ID prior to entry into Haas Pavilion. Accommodations will be made for those with a valid medical or religious exemption.
Acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination include:
- A government-issued vaccination card
- A photo or copy of a vaccination card either as a hardcopy or stored on a phone or electronic device
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider
- A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California or similar documentation issued by another government entity
- An authentic digital record that includes a QR code and accurately displays name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type
- UC Berkeley students and staff may use the campus access badge for proof of full vaccination status
Under the state guidance for large events, facial coverings are required at all times in Haas Pavilion for guests ages 2 and up regardless of vaccination status. Masks will be available at entrances for fans upon request.