Washington To Host Long Beach State On Saturday
SEATTLE – The Washington women's soccer team returns home to face Long Beach State on Saturday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. at Husky Soccer Stadium.
The Huskies enter Saturday's game 1-4 on the season, while LBSU is 3-2 on the year. The contest between the Huskies and The Beach will be the first ever match between the two programs.
In last Sunday's contest at New Mexico, Katie O'Kane scored her first career Husky goal in the 51st minute, shooting from well outside the box.
In the early part of the season, UW has been giving themselves opportunities to score, but looks to improve on putting goals in the back of the net.
Tickets to Saturday's match can be purchased here.
• Long Beach State did not compete last season due to COVID-19. In the most recent competitive season (2019), LBSU went 4-12-1 and 2-5-1 in the Big West.
• LBSU enters the match 3-2 on the year, with wins over CSUN, Pepperdine, and San Diego State
• Entering the week, Husky goalkeeper Olivia Sekany ranks third in the Pac-12 Conference in total saves (17) as well as fourth in saves per game (3.40).
• Through five games, 22 different players have earned playing time for Washington.
• Defender Peyton McGee, who transferred from Texas in the off-season earned her first start of the year at New Mexico, playing 61 minutes.
• Summer Yates has been named to the MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List. The Hermann Trophy is giving annually to the top individual collegiate soccer player in the country.
• Defender Kala McDaniel has played all 450 minutes this season, the only Husky to do so besides goalkeeper Olivia Sekany.
• Next up for the Dawgs is a short trip across town to face Seattle U on Thursday at 7:00 p.m
Make sure to follow the Huskies on Twitter @UW_WSoccer and on Instagram at uw_wsoccer.