Seven Bears Selected To 2021-22 U.S. National Team Roster
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Seven California men's swimmers earned spots on the 2021-22 United States National Team roster, which was announced by USA Swimming on Friday afternoon.
Cal's seven national team members – who make up a combined 50 career selections to the U.S. National Team – are highlighted by four 2020 Olympians and eight-time Olympic medalist Nathan Adrian, who earned his nation-leading 14th career selection to the roster.
- Nathan Adrian (50m freestyle) – 14th selection
- Trenton Julian (200m butterfly, 200m individual medley) – 3rd selection
- Destin Lasco (200m backstroke) – 1st selection
- Bryce Mefford (100m backstroke, 200m backstroke) – 4th selection
- Ryan Murphy (100m backstroke, 200m backstroke) – 10th selection
- Andrew Seliskar (200m freestyle) – 7th selection
- Tom Shields (100m butterfly) – 11th selection
Six of Cal's seven roster selections have been named to the national team roster at least three times. The Golden Bears' lone first-time selection was sophomore Destin Lasco with his 200-meter backstroke performance at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Trials.
Cal's seven men and four women – Kathleen Baker, Katie McLaughlin, Isabelle Stadden and Abbey Weitzeil – make up 11 total inclusions on the 2021-22 national team, tied with Texas for the most by any college.
The full 2021-22 U.S. National Team roster can be viewed at usaswimming.org.
For complete coverage of Cal men's swimming and diving, please follow the Bears on Twitter (@CalMenSwim), Instagram (@CalMenSwim) and Facebook (Facebook.com/CalMensSwimmingandDiving).