Beavers Stay Home To Host Idaho
GAME 3: OREGON STATE VS. IDAHO
September 18, 2021 • Corvallis, Ore. • Reser Stadium • 12:30 p.m. PT • Pac-12 Oregon
Series Record: OSU leads, 37-6
Last Meeting: 2006 (W, 38-0)
First Meeting: 1913 (W, 3-0)
Streak: Won 3
Last 10: 9-1
In Corvallis: OSU leads, 24-2
In Moscow: OSU leads, 10-2
Neutral site: OSU leads, 3-2
Television: Pac-12 Oregon
Play-By-Play: Rich Burk
Analyst: Nigel Burton
Radio: Beaver Sports Network, Varsity Network (Oregon State)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
SiriusXM Radio: 113 (Sirius), 202 (XM)
SiriusXM App/Internet: 965
Live Stats OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 420
Dish Network: Pac-12.com/Pac-12 Now
Charter Spectrum: 333/453
- The Beavers host their second consecutive game at Reser Stadium when taking on Idaho Saturday. Kickoff is slated for 12:30 p.m. PT.
- The game will air live on Pac-12 Oregon. Rich Burk (play-by-play) and Nigel Burton (analyst) will call the action.
- The game is the 44th all-time between the Beavers and Vandals, but the first since a 2006 38-0 victory for Oregon State. OSU is 24-2 all-time in Corvallis versus Idaho.
- OSU is 16-1 in its last 17 games versus Idaho dating back to 1953.
- The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Radio Network. For a list of affiliates, turn to page two of these notes.
- Every game this season can be heard live on the Varsity Network, a free application available via smartphones and tablets. After downloading the application, search for Oregon State.
Oregon State Notes
- B.J. Baylor has five rushing touchdowns over his first two games, which ranks first in the Pac-12 and tied for second nationally. He is the first Beaver with back-to-back multiple rushing touchdown efforts since Jermar Jefferson in 2018 (four at Washington State on Oct. 6, two at Arizona State on Sept. 29).
- Baylor also set a career-best with 171 rushing yards versus Hawai'i.
- Oregon State ranks first in the Pac-12 with 460.5 offensive yards per game. OSU is also first in passing at 293.5 yards per game.
- Oregon State scored in every quarter in the 38-0 win in 2006. Matt Moore threw for 169 yards while Yvenson Bernard ran for 117 yards and two touchdowns. Sammie Stroughter also caught five passes for 68 yards.
- The OSU defense held the Vandals to just 185 yards of total offense. Idaho was 0-for-10 on third downs.
- The Beavers lead the all-time series 37-6. Seventeen of those 37 wins have come via shutouts. Two of Idaho's six wins have been shutouts as well.
- Oregon State is 24-2 all-time versus the Vandals; Idaho won games in 1938 and 1952. OSU has won 10 straight at home dating back to 1954.
- Oregon State head coach Jonathan Smith was the quarterbacks coach at Idaho from 2004-09 under head coaches Nick Holt, Dennis Erickson and Robb Akey.
- In Smith's final season with the Vandals, the team ranked ninth in the NCAA for total offense (451.4 yards per game), 12th in the nation for passing offense (286.7 yards per game) and 20th in scoring (32.7 points per game).
- OSU has had two running backs rush for 100 yards or more in the same 14 game times in school history. One such instance came in 1958 when Jim Stinette (103 yards) and Dainard Paulson (102 yards) both hit the century mark versus Idaho.
- Caleb Lightbourn, who punted 13 times (40.2 yard average) for OSU in 2020, has punted nine times for a 39-yard average for Idaho this season.
- The Beavers' 470 rushing yards in a 1942 win at Idaho is the most ever by OSU in a road game.
News, Notes And More
- Twitter.com/BeaverFootball is still the program's main Twitter handle, but the Twitter.com/BeaverFBNews account was created prior to the 2019 season.
- Follow @BeaverFBNews for news, pre-game and in-game notes and more. The handle will post in-game news and scoring information as it happens.
On This Date
- Oregon State has played on Sept. 18 nine times previously, posting a 6-3 record on the date.
- OSU defeated Idaho on Sept. 18 in 1948, posting a 27-12 win in Corvallis.
- The Beavers last played on Sept. 18 in 2010, defeating Louisville, 35-28.
More On Baylor
- B.J. Baylor ranks third in the Pac-12 with 194 total rushing yards over the first two games. He's already more than halfway to his career total of 381 rushing yards entering the season, accomplished over 28 games and 81 carries from 2018-20.
- The 171 yards versus Hawai'i established a new career-best for Baylor, whose previous high was 101 against Cal Poly in 2019. His 66-yard carry versus Hawai'i is just shy of a 74-yarder against the Mustangs.
- Baylor has five rushing scores this season, which equal his career total entering 2021.
Nolan Goes Over 300
- Chance Nolan passed for 302 yards in the win over Hawai'i, his first tally of 300 or more at the FBS level.
- It is the first time he has surpassed 300 since Nov. 23, 2019 when playing for Saddleback College. He threw for 390 yards in a 58-53 loss to Canyons.
- Nolan is 31-for-45 (68.9 completion percentage) in the first two games of 2021. His passer rating is 169.2
- Oregon State has recorded 16 tackles for loss over the first two games of the season, which leads the Pac-12.
- Avery Roberts leads the league with 3.5 after finishing with two against Hawai'i. The 3.5 already surpass his 2020 total of three over six games.
- The 16 TFLs are just 11 shy of the team's total of 27 in 2020.