Bruins in the NFL: Week 1
Nineteen former UCLA football standouts were in action during Week 1 of the 2021 NFL season, which kicked off Thursday, Sept. 9 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla.
• Krys Barnes, LB, Green Bay Packers – Barnes, who came into the league as an undrafted rookie in 2020, continued to shine in Year 2 as the Packers' starting middle linebacker. He finished the opener with eight total tackles.
• Jayon Brown, ILB, Tennessee Titans – Making his return to the lineup after an injury cut his 2020 season short, Brown logged six total tackles in a starting role.
• Kenny Clark, NT, Green Bay Packers – Clark posted five total tackles.
• Demetric Felton, RB, Cleveland Browns – The rookie played 15 snaps on special teams, returning one kickoff for 13 yards and a punt for four.
• Darnay Holmes, CB, New York Giants – The second-year professional turned in three total tackles, hurried the quarterback on a throw and added one pass defensed.
• Myles Jack, MLB, Jacksonville Jaguars – Jack made a game-high nine total tackles, including one for a loss of four yards.
• Eric Kendricks, MLB, Minnesota Vikings – Kendricks piled up a game-high 15 total tackles. He has broken the 100-tackle mark in four of the past five season, only missing the mark in 2020, when he made 97 stops.
• Marcedes Lewis, TE, Green Bay Packers – Lewis started his 16th professional season with a 19-yard grab during the third quarter's opening drive.
• Takkarist McKinley, DE, Cleveland Browns – In his first game as a member of the Browns, McKinley registered two total tackles, including one for a loss of two yards. He added a quarterback hurry.
• Fabian Moreau, CB, Atlanta Falcons – Playing in front of a new home crowd after four seasons in the nation's capital, Moreau totaled three tackles and a pass defensed in a starting role.
• Osa Odighizuwa, DT, Dallas Cowboys – The rookie debuted with an assisted tackle on the season's first play from scrimmage. He played 36 snaps on the night.
• Jacob Tuioti-Mariner, LB, Atlanta Falcons – An active piece for the Falcons on defense and special teams, Tuioti-Mariner made three total tackles and sacked the quarterback for a loss of three yards. For good measure, he hurried the passer on another play.
• Kenny Young, ILB, Los Angeles Rams – Young was active in the Rams' first game in front of fans at SoFi Stadium, posting 10 total tackles, one pass defensed and a fumble recovery in the team's win. His deflected pass went for an interception.
• C Andre James (Las Vegas Raiders), OT Kolton Miller (Las Vegas Raiders), C Scott Quessenberry (Los Angeles Chargers), QB Josh Rosen (Atlanta Falcons), WR Matthew Slater (New England Patriots) and OG Xavier Su'a Filo (Cincinnati Bengals) also played, but did not record any statistics.
— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) September 13, 2021