UCLA Athletic Indoor Events to Require Vaccination or Negative Test
In accordance with updated health guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), regarding COVID-19, UCLA Athletic indoor events will require fans (age 3 and older) in attendance to show proof of their fully-vaccinated status or provide a pre-entry negative COVID-19 test result from within 72 hours of the start of the event. This policy will be in effect for all UCLA men's and women's basketball, men's and women's volleyball and gymnastics home events.
Face coverings will be required for all individuals aged 2 or older, regardless of vaccination status, at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
Individuals who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or are under any isolation or quarantine orders are asked to not approach or enter any competition venue. For a list of COVID-19 symptoms, click here.
Fully Vaccinated Guests
People are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19: two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna or other vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen). The following will be considered acceptable proof of verification:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card1) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date doses administered); OR
- A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document; OR
- A photo of the client's vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device; OR
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider.
Pre-Entry Negative Testing
People who are not fully vaccinated (as described above), or cannot show proof of full vaccination, will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result. Testing must be conducted within 72 hours before the event start time (both PCR and antigen are acceptable), and results must be available prior to entry into the event venue. The following will be considered acceptable proof of verification:
- A printed document from the test provider or laboratory, OR
- An electronic test result displayed on a phone or other device from the test provider or laboratory. In both cases, the information should include the person's name, type of test performed, and negative test result.
Proof of vaccination or the negative test result must be shown at a designated area outside of the event venue upon arrival.
These guidelines are subject to change at the direction of the health department and are in place until at least Nov. 1, 2021.
The first athletic event in Pauley Pavilion presented by Wescom is a UCLA women's volleyball match against USC on Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 7pm. Tickets to UCLA sporting events are now available by visiting UCLABruins.com/tickets or calling (310) UCLA-WIN (825-2946).