Women's Golf 2021-22 Schedule Announced
LOS ANGELES – The ninth-ranked UCLA women's golf team announced the completion of its 2021-22 schedule Friday morning, as outlined by Head Coach Carrie Forsyth. The Bruins will compete in 10 invitationals prior to the start of postseason competition beginning at the Pac-12 Championships on April 18.
UCLA opened its season earlier this week at the ANNIKA Intercollegiate hosted by the The Royal Club in Lake Elmo, Minn. Now, the Bruins will prepare for their next contest on Sept. 27-28 at the Molly Collegiate Invitational held on the Bayonet and Black Horse in Seaside, Calif. It will be UCLA's first time competing on the course.
The Bruins' will then travel to Fayetteville, Ark., for their lone invitational east of the Pacific time zone at the Blessings Collegiate Invitational at the Blessings Golf Club on Oct. 4-6.
UCLA will return to the Stanford Golf Course on Oct. 15-17 where they tied for fifth (+23, 875) at last season's Pac-12 Championships. Juniors Annabel Wilson (-1, 212) and Emma Spitz (+1, 214) placed in the top 10, seventh and 10th, respectively, at the event.
The Bruins compete at another familiar course for the Nanea Pac-12 Preview at the Nanea Golf Club in Kailua Kona, Hawaii, from Nov. 1-3 where they ended 17-under, 859 with a second-place finish on Nov. 6, 2019. Three Bruins placed within the top 10, including then-freshmen Ty Akbane (-7, 212) and Emma Spitz (-4, 215).
After a two-month hiatus, UCLA turns over the new year at The Match in the Desert held at Superstition Mountain Golf Club in Gold Canyon, Ariz., on Jan. 24-25. The Bruins opened the 2020-21 season at the same course, resulting in second-place finish (+20, 308) and then-sophomore Emma Spitz placing third in the field.
Three weeks later, on Feb. 14-15, UCLA will vie to best another second-place finish from last year's Lamkin Invitational at the Farms Golf Club in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
Next, UCLA competes at The Gold Rush at the Old Ranch Country Club in Seal Beach, Calif., on Feb. 28-March 1.
The Bruins compete in the Ping/ASU Invitational for the second straight year at the Papago Golf Course in Phoenix, Ariz., on March 25-27. Last year's meeting saw Wilson post a runner-up finish at 4-under (212).
Next on the schedule is the Silverado Showdown at the Silverado Resort in Napa, Calif., on April 4-6. UCLA saw three top-five finishes – Spitz (3rd), then-sophomore Yuki Yoshihara (4th) and Wilson (5th) – while the team placed second overall.
In the Bruins' last tune-up before postseason play, UCLA heads to the Chambers Bay Invitational at the Chambers Bay Golf Course in University Place, Wash., on April 10-12.
The Pac-12 Championships will be hosted at the Eugene Country Club in Eugene, Ore., from April 18-20. The Bruins placed fifth in last year's event while Wilson and Spitz slotted in the top 10, tied for seventh and tenth, respectively.
NCAA Regionals will be held May 9-11 at eight designated sites yet to be named. NCAA Championships will take place May 20-25 at the Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
2021-22 UCLA Women's Golf Schedule
- Sept. 13-15 – ANNIKA Intercollegiate (Lake Elmo, Minn.)
- Sept. 27-28 – The Molly Collegiate Invitational (Seaside, Calif. / Bayonet and Black Horse)
- Oct. 4-6 – Blessings Collegiate Invitational (Fayetteville, Ark. / Blessings Golf Club)
- Oct. 15-17 – Stanford Intercollegiate (Stanford, Calif. / Stanford Golf Course)
- Nov. 1-3 – Nanea Pac-12 Preview (Kailua Kona, Hawaii / Nanea Golf Club)
- Jan. 24-25 – The Match in the Desert (Gold Canyon, Ariz. / Superstition Mountain Golf Club)
- Feb. 14-15 – Lamkin Invitational (Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. / The Farms Golf Club)
- Feb. 28-March 1 – The Gold Rush (Seal Beach, Calif. / Old Ranch Country Club)
- March 25-27 – Ping/ASU Invitational (Phoenix, Ariz. / Papago Golf Course)
- April 4-6 – Silverado Showdown (Napa, Calif. / Silverado Resort)
- April 10-12 – Chambers Bay Invitational (University Place, Wash. / Chambers Bay Golf Course)
- April 18-20 – Pac-12 Championships (Eugene, Ore. / Eugene Country Club)