Football Heads To LA To Open Pac-12 Play
GAME 4: OREGON STATE VS. USC
September 25, 2021 • Los Angeles, Calif. • Los Angeles Memorial Stadium • 7:30 p.m. PT • FS1
Series Record: USC leads, 63-11-4
Last Meeting: 2018 (L, 21-38)
First Meeting: 1914 (W, 38-6)
Streak: Lost 4
Last 10: 3-7
In Corvallis: USC leads, 14-5
In Los Angeles: USC leads, 42-3-3
Neutral site: USC leads, 7-3-1
Play-By-Play: Alex Faust
Analyst: Petros Papadakis
Radio: Beaver Sports Network, Varsity Network (Oregon State)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
SiriusXM Radio: 98 (Sirius), 235 (XM)
SiriusXM App/Internet: 969
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 723 HD / 408 SD
Dish Network: 150
Charter Spectrum: 211
- Oregon State opens Pac-12 play when making the trek to Los Angeles to play at USC. Kickoff is slated for 7:30 p.m. PT Saturday night.
- The game will air live on FS1. Alex Faust (play-by-play) and Petros Papadakis (analyst) will call the action.
- The game is the 79th all-time featuring the teams, with 48 of the previous 78 matchups coming in Los Angeles. The Trojans hold a 42-3-3 record in games in Los Angeles. OSU is looking for its first win in LA versus USC since 1960.
- The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Radio Network. For a list of affiliates, turn to page two of these notes.
- Every game this season can be heard live on the Varsity Network, a free application available via smartphones and tablets. After downloading the application, search for Oregon State.
Oregon State Notes
- Oregon State shut out Idaho last game, 42-0, for the Beavers' first shutout since defeating Pittsburgh, 3-0, in the 2008 Sun Bowl (Dec. 31). It marked the Beavers' first shutout at home since 2006 against Idaho (38-0).
- B.J. Baylor ran for two more scores versus Idaho. He is the first Beaver since Storm Woods in 2012 to rush for multiple touchdowns in three consecutive games.
- The Beavers are looking to open Pac-12 Conference play with a win for the first time since 2013 when defeating Utah, 51-48, in overtime.
- Jake Luton passed for 301 yards and Isaiah Hodgins caught eight passes for 129 yards but the Beavers dropped a 38-21 decision to USC on Nov. 3, 2018.
- Trevon Bradford had a career-high 10 catches in the game.
- Fourteen Beavers on the 2021 roster appeared in the game, including just four who started - Andrzej Hughes-Murray, Isaac Hodgins, Teagan Quitoriano and Trevon Bradford.
On This Date
- Oregon State has played on Sept. 25 11 times previously, going 3-8.
- The Beavers defeated then-No. 1 USC, 27-21, on Sept. 25, 2008 at Reser Stadium. Jacquizz Rodgers ran for 186 yards and two touchdowns while the Beaver defense held the Trojans to 313 yards of offense, including just 86 on the ground.
That's A Shutout
- Oregon State's shutout Saturday versus Idaho is one of just 21 by FBS teams this season.
- The Beavers are the lone team from the Pac-12 to post a shutout this season. It's the first by a Pac-12 team since Utah defeated California, 35-0, on Oct. 26, 2019.
B.J. Baylor Makes It Seven
- B.J. Baylor rushed for two more scores Saturday and now has seven on the year, which is tied with Michigan's Blake Corum, Duke's Mataeo Durant and Marshall's Rasheen Ali for the most in the nation.
- Baylor is looking to become the first OSU running back with four consecutive games scoring multiple rushing touchdowns since Yvenson Bernard in 2005 versus Washington State, California, UCLA and Arizona.
A Stat 20 Years In The Making
- Oregon State did not allow Idaho a play of 20 or more yards from scrimmage Saturday.
- It had been nearly exactly 20 years - Oct. 13, 2001 versus Arizona - since the Beavers held an opponent to zero plays of 20 or more yards.
- The longest runs by both Hawai'i and Idaho versus the Beavers this season were for 17 yards. The last OSU opponent, meanwhile, to fail to complete at least one pass of 20 or more yards was Stanford on Nov. 5, 2016.
- Oregon State has recorded 26 tackles for loss over the first two games of the season, which leads the Pac-12.
- The 26 tackles for loss are just one shy of the Beavers' team total of 27 in 2020, accomplished over seven games.
- Avery Roberts is tied for the Pac-12 lead with five, which would have led the Beavers last season. Riley Sharp is just shy of Roberts, tying for fourth with four tackles for loss.
Streak Is Snapped
- Kyrei Fisher led the Beavers with seven tackles versus Idaho, including two tackles for loss, to become the first Beaver not named Omar Speights or Avery Roberts to outright lead the team in tackles since Jalen Moore in the sixth game of the 2019 season.
- That streak stretched 15 games.
- The seven tackles marked a career-best for Fisher, who came into the game with eight in his career. The TFLs marked the first two of his career.
- Oregon State held Idaho to 192 yards of total offense Saturday, the first time the Beavers' defense has limited an opponent to less than 200 under head coach Jonathan Smith.
- The Beavers last held an opponent shy of 200 on Sept. 4, 2015 against Weber State (178).
- Idaho tallied only 84 passing yards. Since 1996 - 25 years - Beaver opponents have been held to less than 100 yards passing just 19 times.