Pac-12 Women's Soccer Weekly Awards - Sept. 20, 2021
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Mia Fishel, Jr., UCLA (San Diego, Calif.)
3 games, 4 goals
- The junior forward totaled four goals, including the game-winning goals in all three of UCLA's shutout victories last week.
- She scored two goals in Thursday's 2-0 win at San Diego for her fifth career multiple-goal game.
- She has also scored four of UCLA's last seven goals and three of its last four.
- Fishel is now tied for the team lead in scoring with seven goals, four game-winning goals and 14 points.
- Second career Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week honor (3/8/20).
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kylie Kerr, Jr., UCLA (Alamo, Calif.)
3 games, 1 assist, 260 minutes
- The junior defender continued her breakout season at center back, leading the Bruin defense to three shutouts last week and holding both San Diego and San Diego State to three shots each.
- Picked up her first career point with an assist on the game-winning goal at San Diego.
- Helped the Bruins allowe an average of just over five shots and three shots on goal in the three victories last week.
- Kerr, who had totaled just 144 minutes of action in her previous two years, leads the 2021 team in minutes played with 647 minutes.
GOALKEEPER OF THE WEEK: Lauren Brzykcy, Sr., UCLA (San Clemente, Calif.)
3 games, 0 goals allowed, 9 saves, 270 minutes
- The senior goalkeeper did not allow a goal in three shutout victories last week (2-0 over CSUN, 3-0 at USD, 2-0 at SDSU).
- Made six saves in the CSUN contest, which is her second-most in a game this season.
- Helped the Bruins finish the non-conference slate a perfect 8-0-0 with just one goal conceded so far this season.
- Extended her individual shutout streak to 687 minutes and has not conceded a goal all year, holding a 0.00 goals against average.
- Has recorded six solo shutouts and one shared shutout this season, moving into a tie for seventh on UCLA's career lists for shutouts (17) and wins (29).
- Second straight and fourth career Pac-12 Goalkeeper of the Week honor.
Offensive Player of the Week: Nicole Douglas, ASU; Karlie Lema, CAL; Shanade Hopcroft, COLO; Chardonnay Curran, ORE; McKenna Martinez, OSU; Maya Doms, STAN; Penelope Hocking, USC; Courtney Talbot, UTAH; Grayson Lynch, WSU.
Defensive Player of the Week: Jayda Hylton-Pelaia, ASU; Sydney Collins, CAL; Jade Babcock-Chi, COLO; Anna Phillips, ORE; Helena Brown, OSU; Naomi Girma, STAN; Brooklyn Courtnall, USC; Helena Reischling, WASH; Mykiaa Minniss, WSU.
Goalkeeper of the Week: Birta Gudlaugs, ASU; Angelina Anderson, CAL; Dani Hansen, COLO; Leah Freeman, ORE; Bridgette Skiba, OSU; Katie Meyer, STAN; Anna Smith, USC; Olivia Sekany, WASH; Nadia Cooper, WSU.
2021 Pac-12 Women's Soccer Players of the Week