USC Women's Volleyball Opens Pac-12 Play At No. 19 UCLA, California
LOS ANGELES - The USC women's volleyball team (4-5, 0-0 Pac-12) opens its conference schedule with a short across town to meet rival UCLA (7-1, 0-0) on Wednesday, Sept. 22. The Trojans and 19th-ranked Bruins will meet at 7 p.m. PT at Pauley Pavilion and be shown live on Pac-12 Networks. The Women of Troy then head to the East Bay to face California (7-4, 0-0) on Sunday (Sept. 26) for a 2 p.m. matinee at Haas Pavilion. The Trojans and Golden Bears will also be carried live on the Pac-12 Networks.
MATCH #10 • Wednesday, September 22 • 7 p.m. PT
USC (4-5, 0-0) at No. 19 UCLA (7-1, 0-0)
Pauley Pavilion • Los Angeles, Calif.
SERIES RECORD: USC leads, 60-56 (.517)
LAST MEETING: W 3-2 (March 21, 2021 • Pauley Pavilion)
STREAK: Won 1 • LAST 10 MEETINGS: 4-6
TV/STREAM: Pac-12 Networks (Anne Marie Anderson)
OPPONENT WEBSITE: UCLABruins.com
MATCH #11 • Sunday, September 26 • 2 p.m. PT
USC (4-5, 0-0) at California (7-4, 0-0)
Haas Pavilion • Berkeley, Calif.
SERIES RECORD: USC leads, 64-12 (.842)
LAST MEETING: W 3-1 (Feb. 20, 2021 • Berkeley, Calif.)
STREAK: Won 11 • LAST 10 MEETINGS: 10-0
TV/STREAM: Pac-12 Networks (Greg Mescall)
OPPONENT WEBSITE: CalBears.com
- USC is under the direction of second-year head coach Brad Keller who has also served as an assistant coach for the USC men's volleyball team.
- Gr. OH Brooke Botkin was named to the Preseason All-Pac-12 Team and ranks fifth in the Pac-12 in kills (4.09 kps).
- Pac-12 head coaches picked USC to finish sixth in a preseason poll.
- Sr. S Raquel Lázaro ranks second in the Pac-12 for service aces (0.39 saps).
- USC plays nine of its first 13 matches away from home this season and will play its first four Pac-12 contests on the road.
- The Women of Troy have won four straight Pac-12 matches since the spring.
- USC and UCLA disagree on the all-time series record due to early record-keeping practices. The Bruins include results from matches played against USC prior to the Trojans' first official season as a scholarship sport (1976).
- Each of the last five USC-UCLA matches played at Pauley Pavilion has gone five sets--six of the last seven--with the teams split, 3-3, in those meetings.
- The Trojans have won 11 straight against California and are 18-1 in the teams' last 19 meetings dating back to 2010. USC is 28-7 in Berkeley, Calif., and rides an 11-match winning streak at Haas Pavilion since 2009.