Cross Country Continues Regular Season at Dellinger Invite
LOS ANGELES – UCLA Cross Country is headed to Springfield, Ore., for the Bill Dellinger Invite, an elite regular season invitational hosted by the University of Oregon.
- Men's 8,000m: 6:00 p.m. PT
- Women's 6,000m: 6:40 p.m. PT
- Live Results: Athletic Timing
- Live Stream (paid): RunnerSpace
Oregon, Air Force, Arkansas (w), Boise State, Cal Poly, Cal State Fullerton, Colorado State, Gonzaga (m), Idaho, Ohio State (w), Oregon State (w), Portland, San Francisco, UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, UCLA, Utah (w), Washington State
The Pine Ridge Golf Club [formerly called Springfield Golf Club], one of Oregon's premier golf courses, will be the site of the Bill Dellinger Invitational. Athletes will race entirely on grass and mostly on fairways. The course consists of two relatively flat loops—an outer loop, and a finish loop. The outer loop is approximately 2320 meters in length, and the finishing loop is approximately 1350 meters in length.
Meet Recap – Mammoth Tri-Meet
The Bruins opened the 2021 seasons with victories on the men's and women's sides at the Mammoth Tri-Meet against UC Riverside and UC San Diego.
Ronan McMahon-Staggs led a Bruin sweep on the men's side, taking the victory with a time of 17:02.39 on the 5k course. Ewan Macfarlane was second overall (17:02.64) in his debut and Darius Riley crossed in third at 17:02.89. The UCLA men took the top five positions for 15 points and placed nine runners in the top 10. The Bruin women picked up their own team victory with 21 points on the day. Carlie Dorostkar earned a victory in the women's 4k, crossing with a winning time of 15:39 in her UCLA debut. Gwyn George was the runner-up at 15:47 while freshman Mia Kane took fifth place with a time of 15:57. All 10 of the Bruins' runners on the women's side finished among the top 18.
Last Time Out – 2019 Bill Dellinger Invitational
The Bruin men earned a third-place finish at the 2019 Dellinger Invite and were the only team to place three runners in the top 10. Robert Brandt picked up a second-place finish in the 8k race with a time of 23:26.4. Garrett Reynolds crossed in fifth with a time of 23:35.3 and Colin Burke finished seventh overall at 23:38.5. Lilly Schmidt was the top runner for the Bruin women, finishing 48th overall with a 6k time of 20:53.3. Then-freshman Emma Tavella secured 52nd place with a time of 20:55.1.
Notes on the Bruins
- With a sweep in the 5k at the Mammoth Tri-Meet (Sept. 1), the Bruin men earned a season-opening sweep for the third-straight season.
- The Bruin women and men have won their season-opening races in back-to-back seasons.
- Ronan McMahon-Staggs and Carlie Dorostkar each earned their first-career collegiate victories with wins at the Mammoth Tri-Meet.
2021 UCLA Cross Country Schedule
- Wednesday, Sept. 1 – UCR-UCSD-UCLA Tri-Meet (Mammoth Lakes, Calif.)
- Men 1st (15 points), Women 1st (21 points)
- Thursday, Sept. 23 – Dellinger Invitational (Eugene, Ore.)
- Friday, Oct. 15 – Nuttycombe Invitational (Madison, Wisc.)
- Saturday, Oct. 16 – Highlander Invitational (Riverside, Calif.)
- Friday, Oct. 29 – Pac-12 Championships (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Friday, Nov. 12 – NCAA Regionals (Sacramento, Calif.)
- Saturday, Nov. 20 – NCAA Championships (Tallahassee, Fla.)