NFL #ProDucks: Week 2
Two weeks are in the books for the 2021 NFL regular season, and 18 #ProDucks are currently on the active rosters of 14 different teams going into week three. In total, 27 former Ducks are currently under contract with 21 different NFL teams.
Week two was headlined by a trio of rookie #ProDucks who continue to impress early on in their NFL careers. Jevon Holland has been one of the top defenders in the league through his first two games, Deommodore Lenoir enjoyed another solid performance at cornerback for San Francisco, and Penei Sewell impressed on Monday Night Football as Detroit's left tackle.
Click here for a full viewing guide of how to watch UO Athletics alums compete this week.
Carolina Panthers (2-0)
- RB Royce Freeman played three snaps on offense and five on special teams as Carolina defeated New Orleans, 26-7, to improve to 2-0 on the season.
Chicago Bears (1-1)
- CB Thomas Graham Jr. is currently on the Bears' practice squad.
Cleveland Browns (1-1)
- CB Troy Hill made a tackle for loss in Cleveland's 31-21 win over Houston, the Browns' first victory of the season. According to Pro Football Focus, Hill was targeted just once in 26 coverage snaps and did not allow a completion.
Dallas Cowboys (1-1)
- DT Austin Faoliu is currently on the Cowboys' practice squad.
Detroit Lions (0-2)
- OL Penei Sewell started at left tackle for the Lions for the second straight game and once again impressed, though the Lions dropped to 0-2 with a 35-17 loss to Green Bay on Monday Night Football. Sewell has earned a 71.0 overall grade by PFF through two weeks, the second-highest among all rookie offensive linemen and tops among first-year tackles. Sewell has been especially strong in pass protection, where he owns a 73.4 grade from PFF.
Penei Sewell hasn't allowed a sack while playing LT since Week 4 of 2018 at Oregon ?? pic.twitter.com/4HWBCg09sj
— PFF (@PFF) September 21, 2021
Green Bay Packers (1-1)
- OL Jake Hanson did not play in Green Bay's win over Detroit.
Houston Texans (1-1)
- TE Pharaoh Brown was targeted once but did not have a catch in Houston's 31-21 loss to Cleveland. Through two games, Brown owns a 73.0 overall grade from PFF, including 83.1 in passing situations.
- CB Terrance Mitchell made two tackles, one solo, against Cleveland and was not targeted on 23 coverage snaps.
Indianapolis Colts (0-2)
- DE DeForest Buckner made four tackles, one solo, and had two quarterback hits and a pass deflection in the Colts' 27-24 loss to the Rams. Buckner earned a solid 78.9 overall grade from PFF with an 80.4 mark in run defense.
Kansas City Chiefs (1-1)
- OL Kyle Long is currently on the Chiefs' Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list.
Las Vegas Raiders (2-0)
- QB Marcus Mariota is one Las Vegas' Reserve/Injured list after suffering an injury on a 31-yard rush in the Raiders' season opener.
Los Angeles Chargers (1-1)
- QB Justin Herbert finished 31-of-41 for 338 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions while also adding 12 rushing yards in the Chargers' narrow 20-17 loss to the Cowboys. Herbert ranks 11th among quarterbacks through two weeks with a 78.2 overall grade from PFF, and his 675 passing yards are the fourth most in the league.
- TE Hunter Kampmoyer is currently on the Chargers' practice squad.
Los Angeles Rams (2-0)
- LB Justin Hollins made two solo tackles as the Rams improved to 2-0 with a 27-24 win over the Colts. Hollins has become a regular in Los Angeles' defensive line rotation, playing 51 snaps in week one and 49 in week two.
- TE Johnny Mundt played three offensive snaps and 16 on special teams for the Rams in week two.
Miami Dolphins (1-1)
- S Jevon Holland continued his strong start to his NFL career, making three tackles (two solo) and getting two quarterback hits in a 35-0 loss to Buffalo. Holland has earned a stellar 85.2 overall grade from PFF through two games, ranking No. 21 in the NFL among all defenders, third among all safeties, and tops among all rookies so far this season.
The highest-graded rookies this season are all on defense ?? pic.twitter.com/zZVd4RaeOS
— PFF (@PFF) September 20, 2021
Minnesota Vikings (0-2)
- LB Troy Dye made two solo tackles while playing 22 snaps on special teams in Minnesota's 34-33 loss to Arizona.
- DT Jordon Scott is currently on the Vikings' Reserve/PUP list.
New Orleans Saints (1-1)
- TE Juwan Johnson was targeted three times and made a 23-yard reception as New Orleans dropped to 1-1 with a 26-7 loss to Carolina. Johnson owns a 77.7 overall grade from PFF through two games.
- OL Calvin Throckmorton made his first career start for the Saints at right guard, playing 39 total snaps. Throckmorton earned an 87.7 pass-blocking grade from PFF and did not allow a sack, hurry or pressure in 28 opportunities.
New York Giants (0-2)
- OL Shane Lemieux was placed on New York's Reserve/Injured list prior to week two.
Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1)
- DE Henry Mondeaux was promoted from the Steelers' practice squad to the 53-man roster on Monday, following Pittsburgh's 26-17 loss to Las Vegas.
San Francisco 49ers (2-0)
- DE Arik Armstead assisted on two tackles as San Francisco moved to 2-0 with a 17-11 win over Philadelphia. Armstead owns an 81.3 overall grade from PFF through two games, including 82.5 as a pass rusher.
- CB Deommodore Lenoir made his second straight start for the 49ers at cornerback and made five tackles, four solo, while breaking up three passes. Lenoir has been solid so far for San Francisco, ranking third among rookie cornerbacks with a 65.8 passer rating against.
Lockdown Lenoir ?? pic.twitter.com/7zYEkLHq2z
— ?????????????????????? (@TheSFNiners_) September 21, 2021
Seattle Seahawks (1-1)
- S Ugochukwu Amadi made two tackles, one solo, and broke up a pass in the Seahawks' 33-30 overtime loss to Tennessee.
Tennessee Titans (1-1)
- S Brady Breeze is currently on the Titans' Reserve/Injured list.
Washington Football Team (1-1)
- DE Jalen Jelks is currently on Washington's Reserve/Injured list.